Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

This mornings job

Pjj

Premium Member
Weather was not good to say the least but we had to do this as it was being handed over from the builders to property management company today , they have converted it into 10 luxury apartments and the stained glass windows haven’t been cleaned in living memorie I have never seen so much dirt come off windows before it was running black water down the front of the building . All the glass looked the same colour dark grey now you can see all the different colours in it 

564D1835-37F3-4ECC-89B0-3C87A61F4C4E.jpeg

17B66AE5-99B8-4A55-B53E-678517EB13CC.jpeg

70CF94D8-8D98-4FED-90DD-13A96AB86098.jpeg

That looks impressive; I take it Storm Callum had not blown in. The length of the pole reaching the height of the top windows in the old church looks really good. There's no job that you can't tackle with the Gardiner Ultimate it would seem. I've only got one pole; the CLX25. Did you empty your water tank doing the job?

Nice work.  Was it a flocked brush @Pjj?

No just the usual supream stiff brush and hot water , was very carefull the lead but it was in very good condition and surprising strong , I have done similar to this before but not quite as big a building there was a lot mor of it but couldn’t upload any more pictures 

That looks impressive; I take it Storm Callum had not blown in. The length of the pole reaching the height of the top windows in the old church looks really good. There's no job that you can't tackle with the Gardiner Ultimate it would seem. I've only got one pole; the CLX25. Did you empty your water tank doing the job?

It was quite windy but the revealed were deep so when gusts came just put the pole against the stone work , used about 500 ltr there is a lot more windows but cannot post more pictures 

500 Litres must have done a first class job of those windows; especially with warm water. I'm guessing that it took you 4-5 hours of solid cleaning to get it all done. 

I allowed the morning for it as access and parking are a pain actual cleaning time was about 3 hours . Quite enjoyed doing something  bit unusual , good job for the portfolio 

I have lots of listed buildings with original leaded glass and quite a few of the windows leak like sieves only ever use a flock on them as too worried that I’m going push them through or the stiff bristle will damage them putty stuff. 

Have all the older windows been refurbed?

I have lots of listed buildings with original leaded glass and quite a few of the windows leak like sieves only ever use a flock on them as too worried that I’m going push them through or the stiff bristle will damage them putty stuff. 

Have all the older windows been refurbed?

Talking to the builders and the architects and the heratage guy they haven’t been cleaned or re curbed in living memorie . I know most would use a flocked brush for leaded but I just took it easy with a normal stiff supream brush I was surprised how strong the windows were not of them leaked at all and no damage was caused ,the heratage guy watched me like a hawk , and was very impressed with the results he now wants to recomend us to any other building developers that have this type of window in other properties . We have been doing similar work like this for the national trust and English heratage for a number of years and this building s Windows were in the best condition of any we have done , most leak a bit to quite a lot ??

Latest Posts

Back