Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

successful few days also website opinions needed please

noobwc

Hello fellow window cleaners ?

I have had an amazing few days so i thought i would share, i printed up a few of my own flyers to show people what i can offer and went out knocking 

Day 1: within the first three places i went i bagged my self a chip shop job, i think i went in a bit low on the quote but its only one window a door and a sign and in a way its kinda payed off the bloke is happy with the work so wants me to do his house also. 

Day 2: i got A LOT of rejection lol but i stuck with it and never let it get me down went out and spent a bit of money on some new tools (always helps the rejection pain lol)

Day 3: bagged my self 4 jobs for monday and have a lot of good feedback on the flyers we dropped off so im hoping come monday we will have a few more people on the books.

So i built a website and wanted to get some opinions from you guys to see if i have missed anything or if i need to be more clear about stuff(please also if you spot any spelling mistakes let me know i have a woman who is going to proof read/correct it all on monday) 

The url is: https://hunterswc.co.uk/

Last edited by a moderator:
First off you don't need to pay a proof reader to check grammar and spelling just install an app called Grammarly on to your laptop on your chosen browser and it automatically checks spelling and grammar, but at times despite selecting english grammar there are odd times it will be wrong on certain words. 

Overall I think you have done a really good job, but I would ditch the eco conscious badge as there's nothing eco about using 100's of litres of water a day and if there is only you as a single operator working, then make that clear and ditch the "we", some people like to know that there isn't a changing cycle of different lads turning up at their house I would get a mugshot of you on the contact page people like to see the face of who it is turning up to clean their windows and get photos of you cleaning windows. 

There is nothing on the first page that would indicate you are a window cleaner. Doesn’t mention it once, I’d also change your name from hunters to something with window cleaner in the title. 

Thanks for the feedback guys ? as i say its still a work in progress so any pointers are appreciated 

ill shoot you a message mate way to much to explain lol 

Just basic WordPress and a theme from theme forest with a few edits to work how i need it to, spent a-lot of years doing websites for various things it will hopefully become an app soon as i get time to sort it all out where my customers can receive updates and stuff about dates and so on or be told when a job has been done just gotta have enough time to get it done lol 

Good job you have someone who is going to proof read the web page noticed "weather" used instead of "whether"straight away besides the lack of window cleaner on first page as already mentioned. Still great start...hope it continues succesfully Mate.

Had a quick look, On your questions mate it says “are our staff DBS Cheeked” rather then “checked”

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Looks very good. Just noted the following.....

• Why do you have a background picture of the inside of an office on your Home page?
  • You have this Eco-conscious badge displayed but don't say why you're eco-conscious
  • The photos on the Our Services pages are out of focus (would be nice to see some photos of you cleaning rather than stock pictures)
  • Personally I wouldn't advise putting prices on your website - also the prices are quite low particularly since your going out in teams of two

Did you do the website yourself??how would you go about doing that?it's something I'm actually quite interested in doing myself

Watch this video mate. It will show you everything you need to build a website. The guy updates the video each year. At one point he had random video of his family in between sections, not sure if its still there but other than that its spot on. The entire video is an hour and a half long.

Also I wouldn't recommend host gator as your hosting provider as they are US based and you will have UK traffic, doesn't make a major difference but personal preference. 123-Reg are my choice.

Like some of the ideas on your page but how are you eco friendly? You pump 1000s of litres of water a week on windows lol! You have a section for what to do if your unhappy or have a complaint (something like that)! Doesn't fill a customer with confidence that you need to highlight that. 

Like some of the ideas on your page but how are you eco friendly? You pump 1000s of litres of water a week on windows lol! You have a section for what to do if your unhappy or have a complaint (something like that)! Doesn't fill a customer with confidence that you need to highlight that. 
It doesn't say we're eco friendly just that we are eco conscious  (meaning we are aware of our eco impact and try our best to only ever use such things that will do very little to no damage to the eco), 

All great tips tho guys ? changes will happen 

It doesn't say we're eco friendly just that we are eco conscious  (meaning we are aware of our eco impact and try our best to only ever use such things that will do very little to no damage to the eco), 

All great tips tho guys ? changes will happen 
I would still drop the eco badge otherwise you will get some nutter going off on one on FB and if they choose to have a go via recommendation you could  struggle to get FB to remove it, You would be more eco conscious been a tradder using 2 -3 buckets of water a day and using ecover washing up liquid to clean windows and drive an electric van, all I am trying to get you to realise it's a big statement to make and if you have nothing to back it up then it's pointless using it.

I would still drop the eco badge otherwise you will get some nutter going off on one on FB and if they choose to have a go via recommendation you could  struggle to get FB to remove it, You would be more eco conscious been a tradder using 2 -3 buckets of water a day and using ecover washing up liquid to clean windows and drive an electric van, all I am trying to get you to realise it's a big statement to make and if you have nothing to back it up then it's pointless using it.
Yeah i see the point people have made was more of a personal thing really as big fan of protecting the planet ?

but all good points and i will get it all changed out thinking of putting my 1 million pound insurance thing in-place of it to show i'm a legit person who is covered to do the job

Also on the customer front had a phone call from one who was extreamly happy with the work and has told the people living next door and family about us so happy days!

Yeah i see the point people have made was more of a personal thing really as big fan of protecting the planet [emoji846]

but all good points and i will get it all changed out thinking of putting my 1 million pound insurance thing in-place of it to show i'm a legit person who is covered to do the job

Also on the customer front had a phone call from one who was extreamly happy with the work and has told the people living next door and family about us so happy days!
I know what you are saying, as my wife is tree hugging vegan and I won't have any chemicals in the house at all and we only use plant based cleaning products at home.

County Durham Lad

I'm not gonna sit and systematically pic apart your site and point out things that could have been worded differently. The layout of the site looks very professional.

Genuine feedback however is your domain name is shocking, there is no way even the most experienced web developer will be able to get you to page one of Google with that little info on your main page and that domain name. All these tweaks and pointers people are giving you are completely irrelevant as you need your site to be indexed by the search engines. Your site looks substantially better than mine but I'm on Page 1 of Google for several searches and get a couple of enquiries a week through the site.

I'm not gonna sit and systematically pic apart your site and point out things that could have been worded differently. The layout of the site looks very professional.

Genuine feedback however is your domain name is shocking, there is no way even the most experienced web developer will be able to get you to page one of Google with that little info on your main page and that domain name. All these tweaks and pointers people are giving you are completely irrelevant as you need your site to be indexed by the search engines. Your site looks substantially better than mine but I'm on Page 1 of Google for several searches and get a couple of enquiries a week through the site.
The domain is fine SEO is where the magic happens you could have the domain hellohiheyhelloimawindowcleaner.com and with the correct SEC you will get top page of google as it metadata and so on 

Back