Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FSG ubik application

richb77

Hi just wondering how people apply ubik (or similar) to fascias etc when cleaning them. At present I use a pump spray on a ladder which works fine however, I have seen extendable lances and just wondered if anyone has invested in one of these. I’ve seen they range from £35 to £150+!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I never used to bother, just used pure. Recently got a backpack specifically for this. I plug the hose in, pump and agitate at the same time then rinse it off.

I have only actually used it for 2 properties though, if they don't need degreaser then don't use any. Just creating more work for yourself when it drips onto the windows and drys while you're cleaning the FSG

Spray a load on brush head, scrub on with water on lowest flow you can to keep it wet, if you put enough on the one spray will do a whole side.

Only method I have ever used is bucket of water with splash of ubik or no nonsense decreased. Quick brush over gutters and facias with water first to loosen up the dirt  then dip brush in bucket apply to gutters leave for a couple of mins then rinse. Never really felt the need to use a backpack to apply it but either way works the same

7 litre pressure sprayer pump bottle. Modified with Recrus female plugged into pole to apply any chemical then plug pole back on tap water to wash. Never waste pure on fascias. 

WFP brush with spray jets on and Ubik in backpack sprayer.....spray the full length then back and spray and scrub.

If they have outside tap I plug my ordinary hose reel in and wash it off....if not or if pressure is low fill 2 barrels up and connect to pump and use the second pole with a spray nozzle on to wash it off.

Nozzle is a bit like the one in the picture further up the thread...from Benz.

Hi guys, where are people buying there Ubik from? look online and its on for around £6/£7 then by the time they add Vat and delivery its coming out at £20 for a 5 litre tub. Are they any stores that stock it or are people just getting it online? 

Screwfix no nonsense degreaser is just as good and a lot easier to rinse off glass

Between 6 and 8 quid for 5l depending on whether there is an offer on

I don't use ubik anymore as it is harder to rinse without leaving spots

Back