Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leaking Hose Reel Help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have an Agrati hose reel bought from Gardiners when I first started out. It came with a fitting kit which drip leaks regardless of how much PTFE you use. I am making some changes to the van this weekend so I took it off and long story short I've snapped the 6mm microbore connection that connects the inside swivel elbow to the hose. I've stuck the 8mm one on and forced it on so I can work tomorrow. While looking for a replacement I spotted the pro26 connection, figured I might give it a go. I thought I would add it on both sides of the reel. Below is a pic of my basket with Gardiners, will this all work?

Screenshot 2018-10-14 09.31.53.png

second question. If the above all works fine then will I be able to easily transfer them to another reel. I am considering the ProLoc one from the window cleaning warehouse.

Screenshot 2018-10-14 09.35.19.png

Hi P4dstar

The centre of the Agrati Reels has a standard male 3/4" tap type thread fitting (as does the inlet on the side). This can be used to fit a wide range of fittings to.

You can easily fit any of the following to this:

image.png

image.png

image.png

However if your connector is leaking and is within warranty we can look at sorting this for you under warranty

Hi P4dstar

The centre of the Agrati Reels has a standard male 3/4" tap type thread fitting (as does the inlet on the side). This can be used to fit a wide range of fittings to.

You can easily fit any of the following to this:

View attachment 14986

View attachment 14987

View attachment 14988

However if your connector is leaking and is within warranty we can look at sorting this for you under warranty
Thanks Alex you're a star. I think its well outside of warranty and the bulk of the leaking has been caused by my heave handedness. The reel itself has taken a fair few whacks from my pressure washer too which is why i'm considering replacing in the near future. I would have just replaced for the same one as its been good but you no longer sell it.

I think I prefer the idea of the Pro 26 connection on both sides, I'll get them ordered. I have used some self amalgamating rubber to seal it and get me through to the end of Tuesday anyway.

I have an Agrati hose reel bought from Gardiners when I first started out. It came with a fitting kit which drip leaks regardless of how much PTFE you use. I am making some changes to the van this weekend so I took it off and long story short I've snapped the 6mm microbore connection that connects the inside swivel elbow to the hose. I've stuck the 8mm one on and forced it on so I can work tomorrow. While looking for a replacement I spotted the pro26 connection, figured I might give it a go. I thought I would add it on both sides of the reel. Below is a pic of my basket with Gardiners, will this all work?

View attachment 14984

second question. If the above all works fine then will I be able to easily transfer them to another reel. I am considering the ProLoc one from the window cleaning warehouse.

View attachment 14985
I have the rectus 26 on my powerup hd never leaked,  the proloc is a good reel imo just a couple of things to remember first of all I would use 6mm hose as easier reel in if you look in the photo where my finger is pointing have lowered the centre bar down one hole (compare to the photo stock you posted) as 100m of 8mm the hose rubs on the centre bar brilliant but simple  modification the reel quality is excellent.

The hd power up is a proloc with motor on it you can see the comparison of 8mm on the proloc to the 6mm on the hd power up, had both reels for a couple of years never had a problem with either like I say well built reels. 

81053524-70FB-40F6-9C1F-95DCD815909A.jpeg

7AC5E775-580A-4BA5-B3F5-4217BAF0CB8F.jpeg

E6343E05-54C1-472C-B624-5EC993EA993C.jpeg

E1EB0A24-17A8-49C5-AEDF-3E5455FED192.jpeg

I have the rectus 26 on my powerup hd never leaked,  the proloc is a good reel imo just a couple of things to remember first of all I would use 6mm hose as easier reel in if you look in the photo where my finger is pointing have lowered the centre bar down one hole (compare to the photo stock you posted) as 100m of 8mm the hose rubs on the centre bar brilliant but simple  modification the reel quality is excellent.

The hd power up is a proloc with motor on it you can see the comparison of 8mm on the proloc to the 6mm on the hd power up, had both reels for a couple of years never had a problem with either like I say well built reels.
I guessed the Proloc and power up were the same thing. Really tempted by the power up HD, maybe i'll hold out with the Agratti until spring, it's not the time of year to be spending £400+ on a hose reel. 

I emailed window cleaning warehouse to ask if the Proloc has a 3/4 connection either side... I ? you not they assumed I meant on either side of the reel... Like on the side where the handle would be too ?

I've ordered the pro lock stuff, it will be here tomorrow. I only use 6mm hose so that won't be an issue if I do get the Proloc. What connection do you use on the end of the hose to the reel dude?

My proloc came assembled on facelift compact 325 it had the rectus26 fitting as standard, when I purchased my hd that came with a threaded 6mm and 8mm barbs I swapped  them round now have the 8mm barb with jubilee clip connected with 8mm hose on the proloc. I’m thinking of sticking a motor on the proloc and making it into a hd.

Just an update on this and thanks to everyone who responded. I am now leak free for the first time ever. I've always had a slow dripping leak from the hose reel but putting the pro 26 connection on the inside and outside of the reel has stopped all leaks *Touch wood. I've spent the weekend tinkering with the van, put a fresh layer of Protectakote on the floor and moved some of the storage around so she's all ready to go leak free tomorrow.

As ever the service from Gardiners was fantastic. Ordered last Sunday and dispatched Monday. Thanks @Alex Gardiner and the team!

I ordered a replacement crank handle for the Agratti hose reel I have so it will last a little longer but I was pleased to see the pro 26 connections are available in 1/2'' ready to add to a professional grade hose reel in the future! 

Both the hd and proloc came with handles, I handed the hd handleunder the passenger seat never used that though in the couple of years I have owned it. 

The handle is there on the proloc just just out of camera shot. 

Just see it to the right58565158-E894-4350-8212-8A96B0F2471E.jpeg

Both the hd and proloc came with handles, I handed the hd handleunder the passenger seat never used that though in the couple of years I have owned it. 

The handle is there on the proloc just just out of camera shot. 

Just see it to the right
Perfect, cheers dude. The Agratti doesn't have much life left in it. Its raised on 2 pieces of wood but the actual reel is now lower than the bars at the side so I keep having to yank him back into place. Wish I could afford the power up but i've got 4 kids to buy christmas presents for ?

Back