Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Employing a sales helper

DJT

Hi all,

Just wondered about peoples thoughts on hiring someone that would deal with the sales side of things as well as social media and advertising. My thinking is that if i had someone dealing with the marketing/sales side of things i could concentrate on cleaning the windows and may not get the pain in the bum side of training someone on the glass etc. maybe only a part time position for a couple of hours a week. Any body got any experience with this? 

Regards,

Dan

What do they charge?
They're familiar with the industry and I know they do a few other window cleaning companies, I pay £199 per month and get;

• Social media updated regularly
  • All messages and enquiries on social media dealt with
  • Updates on my website with special offers which I forward (they have access to my website)
  • A blog post per month on the website. As I say they're familiar with the industry so I get a topical blog and social media updates which are current to my offers or the time of year. At the mo it's a gutter clean blog, I believe this helps with SEO as it makes my site contain more words so appears higher in local listings
  • £30 of advertising on Facebook included in the monthly fee. I just give an idea of the geographical target and they do the rest. I tie this in with my offer so it's currently an advert for gutter cleaning.

I'd have advertised on facebook anyway so it's effectively costing me £169 per month to not ever go on facebook, not need to answer any facebook enquries until they're leads for quotes, not **** my website up trying to add pop ups for offers (why is wix so hard!?), not mess around writing blogs and publishing them and it's someone who is already aware of the industry so I haven't needed to explain what I do or how I do it. As I say I used to spend an easy 5 hours a week doing all that when it's added up so it's time I can spend earning more and it's obviously tax deductible. 

Back