Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Dave Shaw

Forum app

P4dstar

Because your iPhone is too new. I’ve got the same problem.

Go into the App Store.
Click on updates
Click on the little silhouette of the man
Click my purchases
Select not on this iPhone at the top of the screen
A version of the app will be there
It may be the old one like I’ve ended up using but it works

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Dave Shaw
1 hour ago, P4dstar said:

Because your iPhone is too new. I’ve got the same problem.

Go into the App Store.
Click on updates
Click on the little silhouette of the man
Click my purchases
Select not on this iPhone at the top of the screen
A version of the app will be there
It may be the old one like I’ve ended up using but it works

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I’ve tried this but it doesn’t work. Can’t even find the app in the App Store anymore. When I was restoring my new phone from iCloud and installing my apps it said that the window cleaning forums app was no longer available in the App Store. 

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

@Dave Shaw what iPhone do you have? 

Hi gav

its the iPhone Xs 

the apps still working perfectly on my old phone iphone7 

Gav

Yeah just checking I am pretty sure it's something to do with the new iPhones. I have been onto Tapatalk who develop the app but as always you get vague or no response. 

Will get onto it again today. 

Dave Shaw

I’ve even tried to search the App Store for the wc forum app using my old phone and it’s not there. It’s as though the app has been removed from the App Store altogether. 

Gav

Ah ok I will check that then if it's older iPhones as well then it might have been removed. Apple did this a while ago as they didn't like the way Tapatalk release the apps. 

Gav

A little update for you all. It's a similar issue we had previously in that Apple is not approving the app. Basically, Tapatalk builds the app as they do for several other forums but apple doesn't like the fact the app's design is essentially similar even though they all serve different content and are connected to different sites.

At this point its not looking likely that it will be approved at all. I wish there was another viable app option for the site but there isn't. Back to the browser im afraid iphone peeps. 

P4dstar
13 hours ago, Dave Shaw said:

I’ve even tried to search the App Store for the wc forum app using my old phone and it’s not there. It’s as though the app has been removed from the App Store altogether. 

Don't search the app store for it mate, it won't find anything. Did you try the instructions I put above? That found me the old version of the app, its not available to anyone but if you've downloaded it before it will be there.

My issue started when I set up an 8Plus and then a week later I got an iPhone X. I think the issue is the initial set up on an iPhone even when you restore from an iCloud back up not necessarily a phone issue itself. I'm sure many users have upgraded to IOS12 with no issues.