Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Forum app

Because your iPhone is too new. I’ve got the same problem.

Go into the App Store.
Click on updates
Click on the little silhouette of the man
Click my purchases
Select not on this iPhone at the top of the screen
A version of the app will be there
It may be the old one like I’ve ended up using but it works

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Because your iPhone is too new. I’ve got the same problem.

Go into the App Store.
Click on updates
Click on the little silhouette of the man
Click my purchases
Select not on this iPhone at the top of the screen
A version of the app will be there
It may be the old one like I’ve ended up using but it works

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
I’ve tried this but it doesn’t work. Can’t even find the app in the App Store anymore. When I was restoring my new phone from iCloud and installing my apps it said that the window cleaning forums app was no longer available in the App Store. 

@Dave Shaw what iPhone do you have? 
Hi gav

its the iPhone Xs 

the apps still working perfectly on my old phone iphone7 

Yeah just checking I am pretty sure it's something to do with the new iPhones. I have been onto Tapatalk who develop the app but as always you get vague or no response. 

Will get onto it again today. 

I’ve even tried to search the App Store for the wc forum app using my old phone and it’s not there. It’s as though the app has been removed from the App Store altogether. 

Ah ok I will check that then if it's older iPhones as well then it might have been removed. Apple did this a while ago as they didn't like the way Tapatalk release the apps. 

A little update for you all. It's a similar issue we had previously in that Apple is not approving the app. Basically, Tapatalk builds the app as they do for several other forums but apple doesn't like the fact the app's design is essentially similar even though they all serve different content and are connected to different sites.

At this point its not looking likely that it will be approved at all. I wish there was another viable app option for the site but there isn't. Back to the browser im afraid iphone peeps. 

I’ve even tried to search the App Store for the wc forum app using my old phone and it’s not there. It’s as though the app has been removed from the App Store altogether. 
Don't search the app store for it mate, it won't find anything. Did you try the instructions I put above? That found me the old version of the app, its not available to anyone but if you've downloaded it before it will be there.

My issue started when I set up an 8Plus and then a week later I got an iPhone X. I think the issue is the initial set up on an iPhone even when you restore from an iCloud back up not necessarily a phone issue itself. I'm sure many users have upgraded to IOS12 with no issues.

The issue is it's no longer in the app store. You may still be able to partially use it if you have an old version backup up in iCloud bit that's about it. 

Don't search the app store for it mate, it won't find anything. Did you try the instructions I put above? That found me the old version of the app, its not available to anyone but if you've downloaded it before it will be there.

My issue started when I set up an 8Plus and then a week later I got an iPhone X. I think the issue is the initial set up on an iPhone even when you restore from an iCloud back up not necessarily a phone issue itself. I'm sure many users have upgraded to IOS12 with no issues.
Just tried looking again this morning and it’s mysteriously appeared in the “on this phone” section. Thanks guys[emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just an update for everyone. Have been working with Tapatalk and apple on this and still no luck. Apple isn't having any of it. Rejected every submission of the app so sadly I have had to make the decision that if it doesn't go through on the next submission we are going to have to drop the app altogether this includes android.

It just doesn't warrant paying for when you only get half of what you pay for and then there are always problems with it anyway. I know its handy to have notifications on your phone via the app but other than that you can do everything else and more by just visiting the site itself. 

In the future the forum software developers are looking at Introducing progressive web app (PWA) functionality so this might bridge the gap a little.

Anyway for now we will see what's what with apple, if no luck then this is a note to everyone using the app that it will be removed and you will need to use the site by visiting our domain in a browser. https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk

Just an update for everyone. Have been working with Tapatalk and apple on this and still no luck. Apple isn't having any of it. Rejected every submission of the app so sadly I have had to make the decision that if it doesn't go through on the next submission we are going to have to drop the app altogether this includes android.

It just doesn't warrant paying for when you only get half of what you pay for and then there are always problems with it anyway. I know its handy to have notifications on your phone via the app but other than that you can do everything else and more by just visiting the site itself. 

In the future the forum software developers are looking at Introducing progressive web app (PWA) functionality so this might bridge the gap a little.

Anyway for now we will see what's what with apple, if no luck then this is a note to everyone using the app that it will be removed and you will need to use the site by visiting our domain in a browser. https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk
Shocking mate. They let stupid proxy servers that are used in online scams through every day! Best of luck with it.

I know it's a Joke! Never liked apple!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Me neither. I would be 100% android but... The iPad and iPhone sync seamlessly, I used to be a phone shop manager and I tried so many android phones but none of them work with a tablet the an iPhone and iPad do! My 3 year old Mac Book is as fast as it was day one, unlike my top of the range gaming PC. The technology they sell you is 3 years out of date but it works so well no one can compete with them!

Me neither. I would be 100% android but... The iPad and iPhone sync seamlessly, I used to be a phone shop manager and I tried so many android phones but none of them work with a tablet the an iPhone and iPad do! My 3 year old Mac Book is as fast as it was day one, unlike my top of the range gaming PC. The technology they sell you is 3 years out of date but it works so well no one can compete with them!
Blimey is there a job you haven’t done!!?? ?

Latest Posts

Back