Clarkus84

Estate agents....

Clarkus84

Just wondering if anyone gets much work through estate agents and how you's would go about charging??day rate??hourly rate??I've had a local estate agent leave me a message about possible work.never had to deal with one before so any advice appreciated lads....

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Blocker

When I price jobs for estate agents I always have a minimum price. Then half day/ full day prices depending on what sort of job it is. They are quite good at saying what they want doing and then adding little bits on that you feel obliged to not charge for once you’ve quoted.

Clarkus84

When stating your minimum price,would that be for yourself or two people.tempted to quote for two people although I could probably do it on my own but as they say,many hands make light work.

Pjj
On 17/10/2018 at 13:04, Clarkus84 said:

Just wondering if anyone gets much work through estate agents and how you's would go about charging??day rate??hourly rate??I've had a local estate agent leave me a message about possible work.never had to deal with one before so any advice appreciated lads....

We do work for several estate agents they now recomend us to the customer selling there house suggesting that they call us to have the plastics ,windows, or whole house softwashed , we pick up loads of work like this , we just price up the job as you would any other  

Bart90
On 17/10/2018 at 13:04, Clarkus84 said:

You should take the work on and charge them an arrangement fee, a credit check fee, a customer application fee and a go cardless fee.  And don't forget to find some commission to include somewhere!  Nah just kidding, it's just when I hear the word estate agent I run a mile but  that's only because they're normally trying to rip me off or lie to me.  I have zero experience in dealing with them in regards to window cleaning so can't help.  Hope it works  out for you though.

Blocker
On 17/10/2018 at 20:38, Clarkus84 said:

When stating your minimum price,would that be for yourself or two people.tempted to quote for two people although I could probably do it on my own but as they say,many hands make light work.

Would always quote for two men like you say looks better and if it’s quicker then happy days.

Teaboy

Weve cleaned one for 10 years never picked up a sausage despite a lot of effort

Clarkus84

I got talking to them today.they're very interested anyway.they've three branches within 20 miles of me which is handy.it will be a case of them emailing me the jobs and me getting back with my price.Would be nice to get my foot in the door so to speak as I'm not long up and running