Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Windows tablet using George

Den

Have been using George window cleaning software and it does everything I need but was wondering if anyone used a window tablet, I use a laptop and print out worksheets for the week but was maybe thinking that it might be easier to updated whilst out working instead. 

I know people who use a netbook, they take that with them. I’m like you, would love a tablet to take with me save printing out. I’m considering the acre netbook with 128 ssd. With netbooks you need storage for updates, of windows. 

The trouble is with a windows os netbook or tablet is that windows do stupidly big updates and it fills the memory upon them in no time, as for the George is it the really old one the integrated one with Aworka as I know aworka has an app just don't know how good it is. 

Mate of mine as given me a windows tablet going to pick it up over the weekend will give it a try next week nothing ventured and all that so will update this thread after a week or so. 

Been using the a 9” tablet works ok everything functions as it should the only thing is my fingers are too fat for the keyboard and it can be a little fiddly think I will stick to my notepad and printed list and just update when I’m home as the time saved isn’t much really. 

Glad I wasn’t using a phone, as I’m catching up with @Part Timer getting old so would have struggled I reckon.

Yes this modern technology is a lot different to the  valves,tubes dials what your used too ? 

Have been using George window cleaning software and it does everything I need but was wondering if anyone used a window tablet, I use a laptop and print out worksheets for the week but was maybe thinking that it might be easier to updated whilst out working instead.

I have been using george for 10 yrs
Just bought new laptop, and cannot gain access to the george software on line,
Do you know how to obtain the drivers for the software.

I have a Surface Go tablet running Windows 10 solely for George. It will have to be tricked to load Windows 11.

Battery life on these tablets is terrible.

I have a Surface Go tablet running Windows 10 solely for George. It will have to be tricked to load Windows 11.

Battery life on these tablets is terrible.
Do you take the tablet to work with you or do you print job sheet out for work? as I have a windows tablet I never use apart From having George on it for a backup if my PC breaks, I back up George on the Tablet once a week by sending an email from PC to tablet.

Do you take the tablet to work with you or do you print job sheet out for work? as I have a windows tablet I never use apart From having George on it for a backup if my PC breaks, I back up George on the Tablet once a week by sending an email from PC to tablet.
I take it to work and leave it in the van. I sometimes update my tablet while sitting in the van, but mostly I do it at home before balancing cash received with what my tablet says I took.

I never print work sheets out. (On occasional Friday evenings we do have to go collecting and putting reminders through doors that they have an outstanding account. I usually print my debt list out, so I can organize the route I need to take. We still have a few older ones who only deal with cash. Collecting is usually once a month on average and consists of 5 or 6 customers.)

I did try printing out job sheets in the early days, but each of my lads then had a Palm PDA which I updated my desktop with. I do miss those Palm PDA's, although their downfall was that we couldn't make many changes to a customer job or add new jobs out in the field.

What I like is that I can do anything in the field that I can do on my desktop at home. I backup to One Drive every week on average, and no longer use my home computer for George.

This tablet is better as it is password protected, which data regulations require. We also keep the cabin of the van locked up when we are working. I did at one time see that BT fit a van safe to their vans for added laptop protection, but I never got around to looking further into it for our use.

I take it to work and leave it in the van. I sometimes update my tablet while sitting in the van, but mostly I do it at home before balancing cash received with what my tablet says I took.

I never print work sheets out. (On occasional Friday evenings we do have to go collecting and putting reminders through doors that they have an outstanding account. I usually print my debt list out, so I can organize the route I need to take. We still have a few older ones who only deal with cash. Collecting is usually once a month on average and consists of 5 or 6 customers.)

I did try printing out job sheets in the early days, but each of my lads then had a Palm PDA which I updated my desktop with. I do miss those Palm PDA's, although their downfall was that we couldn't make many changes to a customer job or add new jobs out in the field.

What I like is that I can do anything in the field that I can do on my desktop at home. I backup to One Drive every week on average, and no longer use my home computer for George.

This tablet is better as it is password protected, which data regulations require. We also keep the cabin of the van locked up when we are working. I did at one time see that BT fit a van safe to their vans for added laptop protection, but I never got around to looking further into it for our use.
Cheers spruce I have always printed weekly job sheets, I bought the tablet to use on the fly and leave in the van, think next week I will give the tablet an outing and see how I get on.
thanks again.

Back