Carts69

Gutter camera condensation

Carts69

Hi,

Using a action camera on top my poles which is pretty good, the only problem with it is after 20 minutes use its getting condensation inside the case (right where the camera lens sits) such a pain as I can barely see inside the gutters with it looking steamed up.

any ideas to stop this happening?

scottish cleaning service

Aye, buy the waterproof camera and screen that I bought for £180. Comes with the brackets for the poles.

Carts69
2 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Aye, buy the waterproof camera and screen that I bought for £180. Comes with the brackets for the poles.

Ouch.. £180 😲 No, I’m looking for a cheaper fix, that’s a whole lotta dollar for a pole cam!

Just now, Carts69 said:

Ouch.. £180 😲 No, I’m looking for a cheaper fix, that’s a whole lotta dollar for a pole cam!

A years guarantee, worth it if you do a lot of gutter clears and I always tell the client my setup is worth thousands. It justifies the higher price on the job. :1f609:

Part Timer
38 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Just paid nearly £500 for mine, for this price I hope it tells me when I've missed a bit 😏

Carts69
6 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Just paid nearly £500 for mine, for this price I hope it tells me when I've missed a bit 😏

Jees... u guys must be minted

Part Timer
44 minutes ago, Carts69 said:

Jees... u guys must be minted

Just need to buy something that will do the job. Had a Chinese camera for the last 4 years and it still works but if my customers want videos etc it won't do it. Better not tell you what the Vac and poles cost then 😱

Part Timer
6 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Aldi were selling go pro style cameras for £30.00 🤣

County Durham Lad

Bought one and kept losing the signal and picture, ok at 1st floor but not higher

IMG_20181019_1845034.jpg

Edited by Part Timer

Aye, my camera doesn't record, so they will need to stand next to me if they want to see their gutter. I was just going to give them what's in the hoover or bag it and put it in their bin. Best thing that has happened to me is, I'm no longer welcome in the local skips. They have put a permit system in place for vans. I have to park outside and walk in with my bags. Means I don't take anything away from jobs.

Carts69
4 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Aldi were selling go pro style cameras for £30.00 🤣

County Durham Lad

Yea you laugh, but if it monitors your progress and the battery last the whole job surely the price tag isn’t so funny, it’s only an eye in the sky

Part Timer

Seems very strange that people will pay much higher prices for good poles but somehow are constantly looking for cheap tools to gutter vac, yet clearing gutters pays far better.

Carts69
2 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Seems very strange that people will pay much higher prices for good poles but somehow are constantly looking for cheap tools to gutter vac, yet clearing gutters pays far better.

Yea, you tell em part timer, I’m glad I’m not guilty of that 🤪