Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Setups - How to organise

WCF

Help Support WCF:

sgcleaning

Hi All

I have recently bought a new van, a Citroen Dispatch Enterprise, and it has a pay load of 988. I am aiming to transfer my filters and 40 inch membrane across, but buy a bigger tank. I currently have a 350L tank but think I'm going to go for a 500L tank. I would like some ideas and some examples of how people have set up the back of their vans and good little bits and bobs to organise the back of the van most efficiently. Any help would be great!

Thanks All

Hi All

I have recently bought a new van, a Citroen Dispatch Enterprise, and it has a pay load of 988. I am aiming to transfer my filters and 40 inch membrane across, but buy a bigger tank. I currently have a 350L tank but think I'm going to go for a 500L tank. I would like some ideas and some examples of how people have set up the back of their vans and good little bits and bobs to organise the back of the van most efficiently. Any help would be great!

Thanks All

Reach for the glass sold a van recently dispatch with a 650 flat tank. Do I search as I think he posted pics on here.

Regards
Dan

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yeh agreed if you can afford it, then I’d try and go 650L. You don’t have to fill it up every day, but it’s there if you ever need it. Umm it’s hard to describe how vans should be laid out, every Van is different, and we all carry different equipment and have different preferences to things. We can put pictures up for you if you want?

Pictures would be great. Just to get some good ideas for when I set up the van in the next week or so. Thanks for advice on the 650l tank ?
If you intend to work on your own, a 650L tank is unnecessary.

A 500L will easily be enough for a solo worker and will give you more space in the van

I used to empty a 650 on my own in a day , if you are doing compact work 650 is good ,if lots of driving between jobs or working half days 500 will be ok 
Yeh on my compact rounds on a long summers days I’ll use around 450ls by possibly 4/4:30, but if it’s a summers day and don’t have any plans I’d happily work on but I only have a 500l tank.

Or a massive gutter & fascia, conservatory roof etc job, if you’re cleaning on a high-ish flow, I find water goes pretty quickly, I’m always surprised. If it’s a big house and you’re there 8:45-1ish don’t be surprised if 300+ litres have gone. 

I wish I had 650ls, I’ll make sure my next van definitely can take that weight. I have a 500l tank atm. When I got that I remember thinking I’ll never ever need anything bigger. Now there’s the odd day where I wish I had 650.

I used to empty a 650 on my own in a day , if you are doing compact work 650 is good ,if lots of driving between jobs or working half days 500 will be ok 
My round is completely compact as I’ve been doing this 25 years and unless a had my pump on full power and stood taking a shower under my brush for 8 hours, I don’t know how I could use 650 litres of water 

My round is completely compact as I’ve been doing this 25 years and unless a had my pump on full power and stood taking a shower under my brush for 8 hours, I don’t know how I could use 650 litres of water 

I guess we are all different, we now have two people in one van and regularly use a 1000 in 6 hours work , I tend to top up at lunchtime with about 200-300 ltr after an 8 hour day working like this we are empty when we return home on domestic , when doing commercial we quite often use up to 1500 ltr per day over aprox 8 hours work , but that’s cleaning a lot of glass ???

When I ran a 500L on man system I would use up about 400L per day on a busy and profitable day.  

Now we run an 850L 2 man van and can quite easily burn 800L per day on residential work.  This is however with a big increase in productivity. 

I heard someone say once “£1 a litre is what you’re aiming for” but that can’t be right surely!? With my 500L tank I’m generally getting £250 out of it. 

I have a 650L Pure Freedom van system. I usually work flat out from 9-2.30pm (no dinner or breaks) and I usually use around 400-450L. I was initially gonna go with a 300L system. Thank God I had the foresight to go with the 650L. Go with a 500L tank at the least.

Anyway we’re going way off topic here. 
The title thread is ‘van set ups’, so I think we’re ok ?.

Just one more thing to add, as I’ve said I have a 500L tank, but also have a trolley system which my worker jake actually prefers for some reason.

So what I’m saying, is by bunging 25L barrels in the back of the van as well, plenty of water for two ?

The title thread is ‘van set ups’, so I think we’re ok ?.

Just one more thing to add, as I’ve said I have a 500L tank, but also have a trolley system which my worker jake actually prefers for some reason.

So what I’m saying, is by bunging 25L barrels in the back of the van as well, plenty of water for two ?
Smart idea. I carry a back pack full of pure but rarely use it and that’s only a extra 22ls anyway. 

Quick question for you guys with van setups, when you want to sell or trade your van for something else ... how do you stand having bolted tank through the chassis floor? Obviously it's something that any car salesman would spot, several holes in the floor.

Back