Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What would your price be ???

CM Cleaning Services

Ok guys been asked to price this large block of residential flats for window cleaning

Monthly job to windows accessible

Windows behind balcony railings are left to the resident

Glass balcony panels are to be included on 3 monthly clean

My count there's 65 windows to do monthly

36 balcony panels every 3 months

South Wales area IMG_20181025_111132.jpegIMG_20181025_111056.jpegIMG_20181025_110727.jpegIMG_20181025_112051.jpeg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Dear me am I looking at the same pictures as everyone else ??? I would be £250 monthly and £400 for the balconies I assume that both sides of the glass balustrade are to be done ? Am I very expensive or everyone else cheap ? We get most of this type of property that we quote 

It is an absolute max 3 hour job, including balconies, in my opinion. If anyone can get £100+ an hour then well done. £150 to clean 36 panels? no mention of inside as balcony glass isn't included. 

£250 for 65 windows is nearly £4 a window, might have to look for work in Cornwall ?

It is an absolute max 3 hour job, including balconies, in my opinion. If anyone can get £100+ an hour then well done. £150 to clean 36 panels? no mention of inside as balcony glass isn't included. 

£250 for 65 windows is nearly £4 a window, might have to look for work in Cornwall ?

Lol I must be very lucky I have 3 storey buildings like that with out balconies takes 2:5 hours for 350 

Appreciate the replies guys

I'm going to put a price in but will be surprised if I get it tbh......

Recently learnt the previous window cleaning company was doing it cheap which might explain why they stopped showing up but I think the clients expecting me to be around the same price as the previous

Recently learnt the previous window cleaning company was doing it cheap 
What is cheap, I actually think it's only a 2 hour job. It's only the fact that the top floor is to high for a 27' pole I'd want the price I do. If you can have a conversation with them and try and do a deal then give it a go. You can always say if it doesn't work out you'll walk away as well. I do 2 blocks of flats just as high and with a lot more windows for £70 a block, I posted pictures of them a while ago and they take less than 2 hours each to do. 

Last window cleaner charged £50 for monthly windows and £70 every 3 months to include glass balustrade..

I agree with your first reply myself thought around £90 - £100 monthly and then £20/30 on for the 3 monthly.

And yeah would think 2/3hrs would get the job done I'm talking with them today.

It also depends on the client that your dealing with. Some want a top notch job with fussy residents with money being no object and others just want an “ok” job for the cheapest price with no regard about what the residents say. With they in mind I’d say anything between £80 - £200. Yes that’s a big gap but there are so many variables that haven’t been mentioned.

Appreciate the replies guys

I'm going to put a price in but will be surprised if I get it tbh......

Recently learnt the previous window cleaning company was doing it cheap which might explain why they stopped showing up but I think the clients expecting me to be around the same price as the previous

Dont be put off putting in a realistic price some some of our commercial work when I quoted for it I was 3 x the price they were paying but they wanted reliability and quality of work which they weren’t getting with a very famous national company, when quoting stress these issues with their management it goes a long way with securing this type of job , hope you get the job 

Last window cleaner charged £50 for monthly windows and £70 every 3 months to include glass balustrade..

I agree with your first reply myself thought around £90 - £100 monthly and then £20/30 on for the 3 monthly.

And yeah would think 2/3hrs would get the job done I'm talking with them today.

Those prices are ridiculous, you would be better off doing domestic , I cannot believe that anyone would clean that for £70 I have houses that I do take 45 muinits for more than that , madness , who is going to do 4 storey work for up to 3 hours for £70 it’s not worth getting out of bed for those prices , explain to the management that’s why they are doing a poor job or not turning up as the job isn’t viable , we travel 200 miles away from our base doing a lot of that type of work and that job should be around £400 for the lot , people may say that’s not possible to charge that but we do and get the work and not just local to us we work all over the place you just need to be able to sell your service and come across as professional people will pay those prices 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont be put off putting in a realistic price some some of our commercial work when I quoted for it I was 3 x the price they were paying but they wanted reliability and quality of work which they weren’t getting with a very famous national company, when quoting stress these issues with their management it goes a long way with securing this type of job , hope you get the job 

Those prices are ridiculous, you would be better off doing domestic , I cannot believe that anyone would clean that for £70 I have houses that I do take 45 muinits for more than that , madness , who is going to do 4 storey work for up to 3 hours for £70 it’s not worth getting out of bed for those prices , explain to the management that’s why they are doing a poor job or not turning up as the job isn’t viable , we travel 200 miles away from our base doing a lot of that type of work and that job should be around £400 for the lot , people may say that’s not possible to charge that but we do and get the work and not just local to us we work all over the place you just need to be able to sell your service and come across as professional people will pay those prices 
As I said, lucky you, the fact you have very well paid sites that you clean is probably down to area and reputation. I have quoted for 2 fairly large buildings and a very large site, 2 days plus to clean, in the Cambridge area. I worked on around £50 an hour and didn't get any of them. The large site had 3 buildings that were 5 floors and needed my 47' fully extended to do. The company I quoted for like using me because in their words "they don't get complaints" Unfortunately when you have resident committees the lowest price tends to win, occasionally the reputation might get you a little premium but in this case I doubt the residents would agree to a 5 fold increase. The quality of the previous cleaners work hasn't been questioned, he just stopped going.

I also do a house that takes 45 minutes and I charge £30, I was £10 more than the previous guy but I knew the owner. Different areas different prices.

As I said, lucky you, the fact you have very well paid sites that you clean is probably down to area and reputation. I have quoted for 2 fairly large buildings and a very large site, 2 days plus to clean, in the Cambridge area. I worked on around £50 an hour and didn't get any of them. The large site had 3 buildings that were 5 floors and needed my 47' fully extended to do. The company I quoted for like using me because in their words "they don't get complaints" Unfortunately when you have resident committees the lowest price tends to win, occasionally the reputation might get you a little premium but in this case I doubt the residents would agree to a 5 fold increase. The quality of the previous cleaners work hasn't been questioned, he just stopped going.

I also do a house that takes 45 minutes and I charge £30, I was £10 more than the previous guy but I knew the owner. Different areas different prices.

I hear what you are saying but we do work in Bristol that’s 200 miles away from home and I don’t have any problems getting the work , granted we have done work for this company for 15 years plus but they are happy to pay for regular quality work we have never received a complaint from the residents and the company like that they never have to chase us to turn up or do everything that’s quoted for , Ime surprised you cannot pick up good paying work in Cambridge as that’s a reasonabley affluent area I have several customers that live there and have second homes down hear one of them has asked us to go to Cambridge to do a full house wash down plastics walls windows I believe it’s a 5 bed detached I told her it would be minimum of 1 k + expenses she said she will get back to me in the spring , I’ll believe it when it happens but she didn’t dismiss it as to expensive 

I can get well paid work, I usually get between £400 and £500 a day cleaning windows so regularly hit £50+ an hour. I even do the odd site where I achieve more than that. I don't however earn £100 an hour on any jobs I do, except gutter clearing or as @Dencalls it watching telly ?

I can get well paid work, I usually get between £400 and £500 a day cleaning windows so regularly hit £50+ an hour. I even do the odd site where I achieve more than that. I don't however earn £100 an hour on any jobs I do, except gutter clearing or as @Dencalls it watching telly ?
Couldn't buy a job likes yours ?

Well the meet went well they,re happy with my price once the formalities of insurance info risk assessment , method statement are emailed over I should have contract agreement next week [emoji3]

Monthly £100
3 Monthly £130
Invoice payment on 7 day terms

I'm happy with that once I've done month or 2 I,ll have figured out best routine and aim to get it done 2hrs

Thanks for the replies all [emoji106]

Latest Posts

Back