Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sörbo classic rubber (caoutchouc) Vs Sörbo silicone rubber

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Le coup de raclette.NET

Hello guys,

I would like to know if some window cleaners here already compared the Sörbo classic rubber in natural caoutchouc Vs Sörbo silicone rubber sold in a 50 feet roll only.

What are the main differences between the caoutchouc version and the silicone one ?

What's the best according to you ?

Thank you very much for your help because i'm afraid to make a bad choice with buying a 50 feet roll of Sörbo silicone rubber.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Sorbo soft compound rubber, well it's spc in this next of the woods. It's ok, I use the soft rubber 36" inch. It's pricey but it seems so is most rubbers these days. Sorbo isn't the best rubber out there but it's decent.

I will use it until ends burn, then turn until ends burn and then I will take about an inch off both sides and stretch rubber in channel so ends are nice and sharp again... means I get maximum usage. Been doing it for years and great for getting monies worth. I find Moerman liquid is great for lubrication aswell as soft rubber doesn't exactly last long so I try use lots of suds to prolong it.

I was considering the 50m roll of silicone rubber but read on American forums while back that is isn't great. I personally cannot comment on it though.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your answers.

Do you see any difference between the "official" pre-cut Sörbo rubber and the pre-cut SPC one (Soren) ?

Do you have any preference between both ?

Very interesting your explanation about cutting about an inch of both sides of your rubber when ends are burn. I imagine you have to stretch it quite a lot... Do you have any video with this technique ?

About the 50 feet roll of silicone Sörbo rubber, do you have any link to US forums ?

Thanks !

Not a huge difference to be honest but I have been using the SPC cut for years now as it's available from window cleaning centre, not sure how the official sorbo stands up these these. I was ordering it originally from J Racenstein but shipping was costing crazy money. I don't have a video mate but I cut my rubber at an angle like the liquidator so the ends are like \_________/ as it means the bottom of the rubber that is usually stick out a bit doesn't cut caught on frames as you are pulling down and you get a bit more detail of the clean.

As regards the technique, it's simple to be honest, make your desired cuts or leave rubber as is, wet the rubber a but so it slides through better, secure one end with end clip and then pull through rubber to other end using towel or tissue to grip the wet rubber and secure with end clip. A bit tedious but I gain another week or so by doing that each time and it adds up over the year. I tried to find 

Not sure if this is the exact link but a quick search through this site and i'm site you will find what you are looking for. Hope i'm ok to post this link here? If not mods just let me know and i will remove.

https://windowcleaner.com/community/t/silicone-has-anyone-tried-using-a-silicon-squeegee-blade/31973

Last edited by a moderator:
Back