Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

business cards or flyers

fozzer

hi whats best business cards or flyers as i want to start to canvass my area and if there not in leave them a flyer or business card. Also what do you guys put on it, just want to try and present myself as professional as possible thanks.

Hi there,

In a similar boat - my plan is going to be to give the customers that are in a business card. The ones that aren't in will get a leaflet through their door. If you get an answer you should be able to explain your service so no need for a flyer, just a nice reminder of a business card.

I doubt it will make much difference but I could be totally wrong. Looking smart and professionalĀ seems to be a very big factor though!

thanks for the replies. what do you wear when canvassing to look professional. also how long you been doing it for josh. i have wanted to try for myself for years but with working full time its so hard. anyway thanks for the replies

thanks for the replies. what do you wear when canvassing to look professional. also how long you been doing it for josh. i have wanted to try for myself for years but with working full time its so hard. anyway thanks for the replies
No problem - I've been in the process of "actually" setting up for the last month. So probably no further than you. I'm wearing a plain black/navy top, plain trousers and plain trainers/shoes. I didn't fancy paying all the money for embroidered logo clothing so I created a badge with my company logo on which I wear on my left chest and it can also be used on a lanyard.Ā 

I think the main consensus is don't go knocking peoples doors in a tracksuit - like I said though, probably no further than you mate so good luck! :)

Use both, prices you can get them from the likes of Vistaprint and others means you will not break the bank. I would suggest however that you do not order van loads of flyers, just reasonable amounts because you can then change the wording batch to batch as you learn what works and what services you may be trying to sell or add to your business.

hi whats best business cards or flyers as i want to start to canvass my area and if there not in leave them a flyer or business card. Also what do you guys put on it, just want to try and present myself as professional as possible thanks.

Business flyers for me . When your canvassing and get talking always try and give them a price before you leave - if you can get to the stage of pricing the house you usually will get them signed up I find . Donā€™t just hand the flyer over and expect to get a call because your number is on it . Almost be rude/ pushy to get a walk round the house to give them a price and talk for as long as you can with the customer while walking round the house . Good luck mate [emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I like having business cards in my pocket to give out to those that enquire on the street.Ā 

Had some printed on plastic via eBay. Bit pricey but very professional and don't get damaged when in my pocket.

Do you know what struck accord with me regarding business cards/flyers? Card. I got a flyer through the door and it was made of card so I couldn't tear it up nor crumple it. I thought what a great idea and expensive looking which radiated quality. If I get anymore made up then I will be going down the card route for sure.

My initial response would be 'Why not both?' but then even with sites like Vistaprint, that's still a costly proposition. If you're simply trying to canvas the most places at once, I'd suggest flyers. You're able to fit in more information, fancy it up a little, and better communicate who you are / what you do than a simple business card. Personal details are a must, as usual, as are things like your website / facebook page - if you have one - and perhaps some general pricing information. Heck, maybe even a small discount on their first job? They're far more likely to pay attention / read through if they know they're getting something out of it.

Just my $0.02!Ā 

You should get both made, have a look on here at pure shines leaflets they are the best leaflets Iā€™ve seen for window cleaning if I needed flyers I would get identical ones made. Flyers through letter boxes cards to give to people, good luckĀ 

I got a 1000 flyers made from Vistaprint. I think it was around Ā£40 and also the cards which was only Ā£15 for 500. Out last week leafletting and received 2 good customers every month so they have made it pay. I will be out all week leafletting to get rid of them.

One piece of advice, don't get to many made because later on you may want to change things, especially phone numbers.

Latest Posts

Back