Pit Creature

Yell Advertising

Pit Creature

So I just got convinced to sign up for advertising with Yell and have since read on here some pretty negative stuff about them.

Has anyone managed to get any customers through Yell or have I just wasted my money?

Pjj

I stopped advertising with them about 8 years ago got a handful of called over a year nothing worth doing all one off jobs on one bed flats type of property, don’t advertise anymore just web site this produces more work than I can keep up with 

i have just looked on yell and my buisness is still listed there haven’t paid for 8 years , I  assume it’s been on there all this time not had a single call for years from it  so I guess it’s a waist of time 😬😬😬

Edited by Pjj

Iron Giant

Nowt wrong with a free add it all helps although I've only had 1-2 calls in 10 years or so, But if you have signed up for a paid add I would get on the phone asap and cancel 

Pit Creature
28 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Nowt wrong with a free add it all helps although I've only had 1-2 calls in 10 years or so, But if you have signed up for a paid add I would get on the phone asap and cancel 

I tried. They won’t let me.

dan2016
I tried. They won’t let me.

Once you say yes , you have too stay with them for 12 months.. it’s crazy

Iron Giant

You have a business to business contract with Yell once you say yes, so no cooling off period and no consumer rights apparently  

scottish cleaning service

I received a call from Yell and thank goodness I was too busy to advertise. I thought they had went bust or something because I haven't seem the yellow pages for years. Website and Google is the way to go, if you want business. I have enough work till next year so no point advertising. I read advertising is taking a big hit at the moment which usually means a recession is coming because that's the first thing a business will cut back on.

Pit Creature

Just as an update... after panicking that I’d wasted my money initially i’ve had 5 enquires in the last 2/3 weeks off the back of this advertising. Ended up with £51 monthly from 2 jobs and a £30 one off. I haven’t even paid my first payment for it yet. For £10 a month + vat it’s looking like a good investment so far.

Klean07

I've been using Yell for a few years now though only with a paid advert for last year. They are linked to Google so when a potential customer looks for a window cleaner in a certain area my details will pop up on first page on both sites though not in the top three they're normally taken by larger companies that pay big bucks to be at top of the page. This doesn't worry me as a business because its highly unlikely that my target audience will be attracted to a company that's based twenty or so miles away!

I pay £20 a month and get approx. ten calls a month from it.