Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stupid Question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Knoxy

I,ve been window cleaning for about 5 months now using wfp, I do however have a couple of windows that I do trad, my question is what do you trad guys do to stop your leg getting wet from the t bar? its fine at the moment as the weather is warm but I don't fancy a wet leg when it's freezing cold.

No, I only use it for about 10 windows. Its not the water in the bucket thats wetting my leg, it's the t bar, I was wondering is you trad guys had some kind of goretex leg gater type thing!

No, I only use it for about 10 windows. Its not the water in the bucket thats wetting my leg, it's the t bar, I was wondering is you trad guys had some kind of goretex leg gater type thing!
Im not sure what you mean lol

I know what you mean, water off the t bar, from in the Bucket on a belt, water comes off on to your leg!

I just got used to it, but happens less when your squeeze water out of the mop, and make sure you empty your bucket on a belt too!

maybe you are putting to much water on the applicator i understand on very hot days youneed more water on the glass as its drys very fast . i always dip the applicator then run it through my hand to squeeze some of the excess water of try this might help

I dont get a wet leg.

Don't soak applicator. I probably only submerge aplpicator half into bucket of water. I then squirt ecover onto applicator and rub across it with bottom of the bottle to lather it up nicely. This lasts for quite a few windows.

When it's drying up, just half submerge applicator again. If you're plunging it into your bucket and sloshing it into your boab, that's why your legs wet. If you're not doing this, then it might have a hole in the bottom /emoticons/wink.png

I dont get a wet leg.

Don't soak applicator. I probably only submerge aplpicator half into bucket of water. I then squirt ecover onto applicator and rub across it with bottom of the bottle to lather it up nicely. This lasts for quite a few windows.

When it's drying up, just half submerge applicator again. If you're plunging it into your bucket and sloshing it into your boab, that's why your legs wet. If you're not doing this, then it might have a hole in the bottom /emoticons/wink.png
Doesnt that put to much soap on the windows doing it that way?

I hate this as well, I have a bit of gor-tex that the wife has stitched and it hangs on my belt just behind my boab you don't even notice it's there and does the trick

I'm still super confused?? How are you getting a wet leg? When I use my applicator I run my hand across it and that seems to get it to the right wetness. No wet leg. /emoticons/smile.png

Your a pro Jamie lol I'm a rookie with a wet leg not so much now tho
Ha ha! I don't think so mate! Still very new to this game. /emoticons/smile.png

I'm putting the whole aplicator in the bucket then just whipping my arm towards the floor a few times to get excess water off, It never even crossed my mind to run my hand over it. Tried it today and it was a lot better but still not prefect, however I was getting low on water today so I used it a lot towards the end of the day and my blading was getting quite good (on some windows).

Is it the way you're putting it into the boab? If you put it in at an angle then the edge of the boab squeegees some water off which drips onto your leg. I usually just put the tip in and let it drop into place.

So much innuendo in that post lol.

Glad I don't have that problem, using the sprayer on a belt I don't have the mop all that wet and just add more to it up the ladder.

Latest Posts

Back