Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best winter gloves??

I’ve been using a pair of Showa 282 for the past week. It’s early days but I’m really happy with them so far

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Was wearing a pair this morning when I was emptying all the water from my PW. Will be keeping it in the van because its insured in there. Worried about the water inside freezing so I ran it till air came out. Insulated around the pump now just incase any water still lurking about in there. :1f609:  

Was wearing a pair this morning when I was emptying all the water from my PW. Will be keeping it in the van because its insured in there. Worried about the water inside freezing so I ran it till air came out. Insulated around the pump now just incase any water still lurking about in there. :1f609:  
Just bought myself an oil filled rad from Screwfix, on offer at £30. I'm gonna pop that in the back of the van to stop freezing over the next few months I reckon. This is definitely the time of year that sorts the men from the boys mate!

Just bought myself an oil filled rad from Screwfix, on offer at £30. I'm gonna pop that in the back of the van to stop freezing over the next few months I reckon. This is definitely the time of year that sorts the men from the boys mate!

Aye, might cost a dollar a night but worth every penny. My mate ruined many tubs of paint because he would not put a heater in, he does now.

I don't use gloves, either they get wet and soggy and let the cold in, or make your hand sweaty and start smelling. I just bung them in my pockets between jobs, or hold hands over heaters in car. I still do some trad, and there are no gloves that are good for trad, so just got used to it before I switched and not bothered since.

I've just picked up some gloves from Aldi. £6.99. Waterproof, windproof (whatever that means lol) they seem warm and they also have a decent grip. 

Back