Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First bit of snow

Iron Giant

Staff member
Glad I not working today, went out with the dog for 30 minutes and to feed horse's over the the road and was it 20181027_084540.jpeg1540628045288.jpeg

County Durham Lad

Was a nip in the air this morning but us southerners are made of tough stuff lol.
Define a nip wind chill felt like - 2 in the open fields, but I was nice and warm with my rabbit fur trapper hat [emoji2]

County Durham Lad

Yip today I’m going to put the secondary insulation back on my RO DI cabinet took the outer insulation off for the summer. 

Got a windscreen full of sleet this morning myself whilst off to look at a job. 

Thanks for the reminder on the insulation front, building a new 4000L storage system on Monday so will have to pick up some wadding for that. 

Happy days and hope all goes to schedule ?

Im so full now it’s either take another employee on or just stay as we are, don’t want anymore paperwork or stress finding the right person. 

Happy days and hope all goes to schedule [emoji106]

Im so full now it’s either take another employee on or just stay as we are, don’t want anymore paperwork or stress finding the right person. 
Why don’t you sub any surplus work out. That way you can still make a profit from it and leave all the paper work to the person subbing it. It’s a win win really cos if it works out then you will be gaining extra profit with minimal stress and if it doesn’t work out then just drop the work and go back to how you are now.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Why don’t you sub any surplus work out. That way you can still make a profit from it and leave all the paper work to the person subbing it. It’s a win win really cos if it works out then you will be gaining extra profit with minimal stress and if it doesn’t work out then just drop the work and go back to how you are now.

I hear what your saying but all my work in through recommendation and I don’t trust anyone to do a good job reputation is a really big thing to me and using another windie that might not give a ? asss is too much of a risk in my opinion. 

Had so many customers recently who keep saying “it’s going to be another extrem winter this year” (or words to that affect)

im all the way down in Bournemouth but I had to de ice the van at 8:30 this morning. It’s still only October ?

Had to de ice windscreen this morning car said 1 degree, fair bit of wind, coldest morning so far by a long shot. I think the winter gonna be a bit like the beast from the east in April, just a lot longer lasting. Could be an emotional winter, but summer was cracking this year!

45013eb485468627fda622a6b301ae77.jpg

It’s not a myth we really do have palm trees down south [emoji23]

I can’t say i’m sorry to see the back of it...yet. That heatwave sent me over the edge. I’m happy to wait a long time before anything like that happens again

I know what you mean @Incheck I went to Mexico in September for my summer holidays and I was that sick of the sun at that point I spent the whole holiday in the shade ?

If i’m on holiday or if its a weekend i dont really mind as i can go to the beach and have ice cream...but when you’ve got to work in it its rather different. It just dont seem natural. And didn’t appreciate the tds levels going sky high either. We were eating resin and the thought of an R.O. Came to mind which should be the last thing we beed to be thinking of.
Octobers got to be my favourite month for comfort on the job [emoji108]

Back