Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaner Planner Vs Aworka

Green Pro Clean Ltd

For the longest time (almost a decade) I have been a major advocate of Cleaner Planer, one of the first real round management program.  However when I started using it it was £15 per month,  then it crept up, and up again then + VAT then crept up again and eventually I've ended up paying £30 per month for round software.    I stuck with them because of certain features that were integrated such as GoCardless & Text Local.  

Features Aworka has now caught up with.  

So now we have employees and also Franchisees so for the multi user function on Cleaner Planner (so we can allow employees to operate their own job sheets) we need to upgrade to the next level £49 +VAT ........ but wait, then each franchisee needs his own subscription as well, at least £29 per month +VAT so for just me and one franchisee we are already going to be pushing £78 +VAT per month for round software.  

So for all the above on Aworka we are looking at £10 for the main account, £5 per employee extra, £10 per franchisee. 

We could have 4 franchisees, my main account, 6 employees using Aworka and still spend less than we would on Cleaner Planer. 

Sorry Rob but it's come to a point where you seem to be sitting back and collecting your monthly payments now, seems to be just a matter of greed. There was a point where I felt that Cleaner Planner was worth paying more for but not 4 or 5 times more and especially as the other round planners on the market are rapidly catching you up.  

I think that the ever increasing prices is going to be your downfall and in a just a few short years the chat on the forum will be 'Remember Cleaner Planner?'  Just like these days with 'Remember George?' 

Sorry Rob, and please don't take this as an attack, take this as some input from someone that's been a long term loyal customer but also one that doesn't like the way you've evolved (in short continually pushed prices up to where it's no longer acceptable) 

I still think Cleaner Planer has the better layout but for saving at least £50 a month I'll get used to a new layout. 

To be fair I think it's squeegee app they should be worried about. The features they are constantly adding really make it value for money. I've checked a few YouTube videos about squeegee and what let's it down is it appears you can't have a profit and loss report generated.

Ps I'm still with cp atm because of the accounting features but I agree nothing much has changed and the competition is going for it. 

Yeah it's not ready yet in my opinion, it's still got some improvements to make but when it's finished I reckon it will be better than both.

To be fair I think it's squeegee app they should be worried about. The features they are constantly adding really make it value for money. I've checked a few YouTube videos about squeegee and what let's it down is it appears you can't have a profit and loss report generated.

Ps I'm still with cp atm because of the accounting features but I agree nothing much has changed and the competition is going for it. 
It is easy to print a profit/loss report on there now

Squeegee definitely not an option it's not even like aworka was over 5 years ago they need to do loads of stuff, I gave a go and it was ridiculously basic when I imported all my jobs from CP it had every job as active including 100's that I no longer clean and all the financial history was gone CP is very detailed across the board and a one day planner on  @Squeegee App is just ridiculous you need a week or an option to view as many days as wanted or needed.

@Green Pro Clean Ltd I would guess the only option is to do an import of your own jobs on your own rounds that you work to Aworka I do think CP has got a serious edge over the others including the mobile app aworka just seemed not progress with updates and new ideas along with the mobile app which is why I switched to CP years ago and CP just seemed to max it out from the off almost and now doesn't do anything 

Squeegee definitely not an option it's not even like aworka was over 5 years ago they need to do loads of stuff, I gave a go and it was ridiculously basic when I imported all my jobs from CP it had every job as active including 100's that I no longer clean and all the financial history was gone CP is very detailed across the board and a one day planner on  @Squeegee App is just ridiculous you need a week or an option to view as many days as wanted or needed.

@Green Pro Clean Ltd I would guess the only option is to do an import of your own jobs on your own rounds that you work to Aworka I do think CP has got a serious edge over the others including the mobile app aworka just seemed not progress with updates and new ideas along with the mobile app which is why I switched to CP years ago and CP just seemed to max it out from the off almost and now doesn't do anything 

Yeah. Squeegee is a toy at present.  Chris has all my files for import to Aworka so we will see what happens this week. 

CP did just that, got it right very fast and then stalled out.  No new innovation whatsoever.  

Also I have crazy fast internet (well over 250mbs)  so with the super slow loading times of CPs pages you can tell the money isn't being invested in thr servers. 

Yeah. Squeegee is a toy at present.  Chris has all my files for import to Aworka so we will see what happens this week. 

CP did just that, got it right very fast and then stalled out.  No new innovation whatsoever.  

Also I have crazy fast internet (well over 250mbs)  so with the super slow loading times of CPs pages you can tell the money isn't being invested in thr servers. 
Just quickly logged into Squeegee again for the first time in around 3 weeks and it has improved since, I tagged the squeegee team as I think it's vitally important to have real input from us cleaners with varying sizes of businesses, requirements and ideas I would really like to switch to squeegee at some point once it improves. 

CP harvested all the ideas from cleaners and just stopped doing stuff, although I have stopped nearly all commercial work if I wanted to check a historic quote I ain't been able to do that for well over a year and they still ain't fixed the issue, But the historic data CP has such as transaction history and showing the date of how long a job has been at its current price is a real bonus for me as well so I know when to increase my prices on certain jobs as I don't do them all together.

Not there quite yet!  Still waiting for my file uploads and a couple of niggles before we can look at functionality and assess it properly. 

Maybe you could push him on for an app update to make it a bit more appealing. A voice like yours could progress something. Just try not to progress the pricing up ☺️

Just quickly logged into Squeegee again for the first time in around 3 weeks and it has improved since, I tagged the squeegee team as I think it's vitally important to have real input from us cleaners with varying sizes of businesses, requirements and ideas I would really like to switch to squeegee at some point once it improves. 

CP harvested all the ideas from cleaners and just stopped doing stuff, although I have stopped nearly all commercial work if I wanted to check a historic quote I ain't been able to do that for well over a year and they still ain't fixed the issue, But the historic data CP has such as transaction history and showing the date of how long a job has been at its current price is a real bonus for me as well so I know when to increase my prices on certain jobs as I don't do them all together.

Thanks for the tag, we'd really love it if you spoke to us about things being missing in imports as they should be there and we can investigate and sort it for you. We can also just run the import for you from Cp. We now have lots of businesses who have moved over successfully and you're right with updates, we run them all of the time taking into account user feedback, where other software is updated and added to far less frequently. I've already put up a link on another thread that has an accurate feature comparison of our features with others, happy to post again if that would help as there's so much more functionality on squeegee app that you might not be aware of. Also, it's worth noting that the app is the same on mobile as it is on desktop so you don't have to sacrifice functionaility to use it on a mobile, even without a signal! ?

The next release has an all transactions report, an expenses report, a payments report, an invoices report, a payments vs expenses report  an invoices vs expenses report, an invoices vs payments report and an expanded customers report so however you prefer your profit and loss to look like ?

Yeah it's not ready yet in my opinion, it's still got some improvements to make but when it's finished I reckon it will be better than both.

Our ethos is that good software is never finished, it will always have improvements and constantly evolve with new ideas and technology! ?

Ok @Squeegee App, here's one of my biggest gripes!   In the early days you could get phone support from both CP and Aworka, now both have got your money they feel that 'email support' is satisfactory.  They obviously sit in an office in front of a screen all day.  Window Cleaners on the other hand send an email and it may be hours before we can get a minute to look for a reply or check emails again.  What I (and I am sure most) would like to see as a feature Is some one to answer a damn phone and deal with a 30 second query instead of it turning into a 3 day match of email pong!  

Ok @Squeegee App, here's one of my biggest gripes!   In the early days you could get phone support from both CP and Aworka, now both have got your money they feel that 'email support' is satisfactory.  They obviously sit in an office in front of a screen all day.  Window Cleaners on the other hand send an email and it may be hours before we can get a minute to look for a reply or check emails again.  What I (and I am sure most) would like to see as a feature Is some one to answer a damn phone and deal with a 30 second query instead of it turning into a 3 day match of email pong!  

Our number is on the website: +44 330 900 4040 and we tend to call users who are having trouble as it can be easier to talk it through. We tend to take a lot of quick requests on messenger and WhatsApp, and plan to have an in app live chat very soon as this seems like it would be the quickest way for many users. We're happy for users to contact us any means they can and we do our best to always get back quickly ?

Our number is on the website: +44 330 900 4040 and we tend to call users who are having trouble as it can be easier to talk it through. We tend to take a lot of quick requests on messenger and WhatsApp, and plan to have an in app live chat very soon as this seems like it would be the quickest way for many users. We're happy for users to contact us any means they can and we do our best to always get back quickly ?
Quick heads up.  On your pricing page under 'free' it says 'Direct Debt & Card Payment'  Im sure it's meant to read 'Direct DEBIT' 

Thanks for the tag, we'd really love it if you spoke to us about things being missing in imports as they should be there and we can investigate and sort it for you. We can also just run the import for you from Cp. We now have lots of businesses who have moved over successfully and you're right with updates, we run them all of the time taking into account user feedback, where other software is updated and added to far less frequently. I've already put up a link on another thread that has an accurate feature comparison of our features with others, happy to post again if that would help as there's so much more functionality on squeegee app that you might not be aware of. Also, it's worth noting that the app is the same on mobile as it is on desktop so you don't have to sacrifice functionaility to use it on a mobile, even without a signal! [emoji846]
Susie did and import 3 weeks ago today I think it was, So all my jobs from cp active, cancelled and suspended were in total around 619 jobs all these jobs within squeegee are classed as active and my current total of active job's on my rounds are 378 the difference between the two figures above means that I would need to filter these jobs one by one I assume.
Also looking this morning within squeegee my window cleaning jobs have the service marked as general would this mean that I have to filter through 100's of jobs and amend this for each job.

Also a drag and drop feature within the planner would be great as the all the jobs for tomorrow for example are in the wrong order that I clean them, I usually have my first block of work in Round 1 and so on and have my daily jobs set like this so they are in the exact order I clean them. Best Regards Iron Giant

County Durham Lad

Susie did and import 3 weeks ago today I think it was, So all my jobs from cp active, cancelled and suspended were in total around 619 jobs all these jobsworth within sqeegee are classed as active and my current total of active job's on my roundabout are 378 the difference between the two figures above means that I would need to filter these jobs one by one I assume.

Also looking this morning within squeegee my window cleaning jobs have the service marked as general would this mean that I have to filter through 100's of jobs and amend this for each job.

Also a drag and drop feature within the planner would be great as the all the jobs for tomorrow for example are in the wrong order that I clean them, I usually have my first block of work in Round 1 and so on and have my daily jobs set like this so they are in the exact order I clean them. Best Regards Iron Giant

County Durham Lad

We can easily sort the services for you and take a look at the original import (or a new one might be best) for the inactive and active customers to re run it. Great idea for a feature to set the default service when importing... We'll add this to allow users to set it in the next release ? there is drag and drop from the avatars (small circles to the left of the job) for each day to create a planned order. However for now if you go to the service in the service list, you can just rename it and it will affect all jobs with that service. Very soon we'll have the ability to use drag and drop to order a round from the rounds view as well as a number of our customers have asked for this, then whenever that round comes up it will go in that order. 

If you want us to take another look, we'll happily do this for you this afternoon. For the time being on ordering, there's distance, your own planned order for the day (drag and drop) or the optimised route on day pilot. The job for ordering rounds is right at the top of the list after this next release which is massive! 

Cheers! 

Latest Posts

Back