Apes

Steel/bronze Wool

Apes

Hi peeps!

I've just been wondering, since watching the US Vs UK series on youtube, and comparing other UK/US channels; do many people use wire wool in the UK? and if not, are there particular reasons to that? 

Bronze wool might be worth a mention too - as used in conjunction with WFP by some.
(Just saw previous posts where glass was scratched? But perhaps that that could be due to lack of care/technique/pad maintenance?)

Just very curious, if anyone has any generalisations or significant experience. 

Many thanks! 🙂
Jack  

Deane pulham

Have used steel wool a-lot mainly on builders cleans - has to be 0000 grade pros & cons - never known it to scratch very effective - always use wet - but will rust quickly - so replace often - a pain if leave in belt pouch and forget - but always keep on van aa part of kit

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

A reminder to myself must keep in plastic bag and tear off as needed

Deane pulham

As to Scratching - test on bottom corner of glass 1st - I'm not saying it wont - more likely if a bit of grit in wool so use wet and keep clean

Barry-the-roofer-man
Have used steel wool a-lot mainly on builders cleans - has to be 0000 grade pros & cons - never known it to scratch very effective - always use wet - but will rust quickly - so replace often - a pain if leave in belt pouch and forget - but always keep on van aa part of kit

A reminder to myself must keep in plastic bag and tear off as needed

Bronze wool can be effective in changing a hydrophobic window into a hydrophilic window. It’s the microscopic scratches that don’t allow the water to bead up.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app