Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A New Career

Lemming

Hi all. I'm completely new to window cleaning, although I've have been researching as much as I can on here and various other places for the past few weeks.

I'm planning on going down the traditional route to begin with and transitioning to wfp when I have enough money to invest in the equipment. I'm just waiting on some business cards to come in the post and gradually building my Facebook page.

Cheers,

Lemming

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've just finished my first 2 cleans. I spent over an hour each on both houses [emoji23]. To be fair to me they were filthy, and I obviously wanted to do a good job.

It was a good learning experience as I feel I underpriced one of the houses, and I forgot to mention anything about charging extra for a first clean.

I found the whole canvassing thing very nerve racking too. I might do a Facebook ad next, on top of canvassing.

I've just finished my first 2 cleans. I spent over an hour each on both houses
emoji23.png
. To be fair to me they were filthy, and I obviously wanted to do a good job.

It was a good learning experience as I feel I underpriced one of the houses, and I forgot to mention anything about charging extra for a first clean.

I found the whole canvassing thing very nerve racking too. I might do a Facebook ad next, on top of canvassing.

Sounds great - well done on getting those jobs!

What was it about the canvassing that you found nerve-racking? 

I got told in an old sales job that statistically every no means you're closer to your next yes so you should celebrate "no's" too haha.

Ha that's a good way of looking at it, I like that. I have anxiety and confidence issues in my day to day life anyway, and I think I just built it up in my head. It sort of felt like I was going for a job interview, and I was worried I wouldn't know the answer to a customers question or I'd be 'found out'. It's stupid I know, but the more I do it the better and more comfortable I'll get.

Ha that's a good way of looking at it, I like that. I have anxiety and confidence issues in my day to day life anyway, and I think I just built it up in my head. It sort of felt like I was going for a job interview, and I was worried I wouldn't know the answer to a customers question or I'd be 'found out'. It's stupid I know, but the more I do it the better and more comfortable I'll get.

Not stupid at all mate, don't tell yourself that ?

I know how you feel - once you've done a few more though, you'll be making more money and your confidence will be better for it, win-win :)

Back