Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Marks on glass

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What do they feel like when you run fingers over them? Hard to make out from a photo. If the glass is damaged then not much you can do. If it's minor marks maybe some cerium oxide and a drill with polishing pad. Just keep pad lubricated as gets hot. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Straight off the bat they are scratches.  Like the motor world, if you can feel the scratch when you run a finger on it then its too deep to simply polish out.  

Just make customer aware of the damage with an explanation that nothing you use scratches glass and onto the next window. 

They feel grainy when I run my fingernails on them. I think they are scratches. I'm guessing addressing these isn't part of your basic cleaning responsibilities.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yup, glass repair is a different profession. I'm guessing once their clean they won't really care about the repair as it will cost too much. Wouldn't worry about it, once they know you didn't do it.. all good.

Back