Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Going hoseless deary

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diamond geezer

hello again every one. Just about to do this,iam going down the route of green pro  with conector just hanging out end of pole, so adding extentions shouldn't be a problem,but I would like to use the exceed "flight" conector(female) on my reel hose, as I think this will protect the conector better than ordinary R21.should work shouldn't it?Got yer thermals on yet.

Sorry I got Green pro & Iron giant mixed up on this previous post. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't they like 20mm+ in diameter? Cant stuff that up the pole..

Don't need to protect the coupling if you carry it to the van before reeling in.

Hoseless is brilliant!

Do you have a link to the connector you have in mind @Diamond geezer?

The ones I find is 28mm and that won't fit a regular sized pole afaik.

A ez snap female is just barely small enough due to the ears on the hose clamp you put on. This is on Gardiner poles, extreme and slx.

@Windowwizard should work on all poles, it's a DIY thing so you just have to make it fit.

Cheaper way. 2 5-8mm stems, inline JG connector, costs about £2.50. inline connectors cost £1ish and last 6 months and literally take 10 seconds to swap out easily fit in pole too

YES BUT WHEN U DISCONNECT WATER EVERY WHERE! WOULDNT BE SO BAD WITH THOSE NICE J/G FITTINGS WITH THE BLUE RINGS, MINE ARE BLACK AND ARIGHT POLAVER TO SEPERATE. HANG ON WHY 2 CONNECTORS ?

JG wears out well quick when you yank on a univalve all day. 

Also @Pjj, the hose does not slide up inside section 1, the hose in the pole is generally six inches longer than the pole sections itself so the connectors only slide up and down section 2 onwards. 

JG wears out well quick when you yank on a univalve all day. 

Also @Pjj, the hose does not slide up inside section 1, the hose in the pole is generally six inches longer than the pole sections itself so the connectors only slide up and down section 2 onwards. 

What i I meant is that no 1 section is shorter than the other sections on some poles so you cannot connect the exceed plastic housing on to the male ezy snap connection the Gardiners ultimate pole is one like this , you have to have a hose tail out the end of the pole and this can disconnect when extending the pole if you arnt careful, I have made all our poles hose less most are easy to do the extream, clx,slx, are easy to do . The six needs the no 1 section to be extended by about 60 mm all the time so that the fitting will go into the end of the handle section , hope this makes sense 

Do you have a link to the connector you have in mind @Diamond geezer?

The ones I find is 28mm and that won't fit a regular sized pole afaik.

A ez snap female is just barely small enough due to the ears on the hose clamp you put on. This is on Gardiner poles, extreme and slx.

@Windowwizard should work on all poles, it's a DIY thing so you just have to make it fit.

Wjndow cleaning wharehouse ( Eceed flite connector).

Wjndow cleaning wharehouse ( Eceed flite connector).

Exceed Flite Connector  this is what you mean which is also known as the Exceed ejector sleeve, in all honesty, it isn't needed I have used one in the past and took it off as there were times when the ez-snap fitting would cease up a bit and I would need to dismantle the sleeve to grease it, Just set your tubeless set up like Green shows in his video as long as you don't drag the female fitting along the floor when reeling in you will have no issues  

Iam using 8m minibore at the moment,and wondering would it be any diferent using 6m micro.Iam initialy thinking of the added weight I will encounter up the pole, or will it feel not much different thanks Also iam one and half yrs WFP, after many years trad,my pole hose gardiner all season has been getting fatter with use through the summer no prob, but the other day when it was cold it started to kink an be come unruley.Ithink I saw apost, changing pole hose as a matter of course over time,but all this wont matter going hoseless will it?I had some braded hose this seamed to respond better last winter, but some older braded hose curled up like a worm cast, so I chucked it.

Iam using 8m minibore at the moment,and wondering would it be any diferent using 6m micro.Iam initialy thinking of the added weight I will encounter up the pole, or will it feel not much different thanks Also iam one and half yrs WFP, after many years trad,my pole hose gardiner all season has been getting fatter with use through the summer no prob, but the other day when it was cold it started to kink an be come unruley.Ithink I saw apost, changing pole hose as a matter of course over time,but all this wont matter going hoseless will it?I had some braded hose this seamed to respond better last winter, but some older braded hose curled up like a worm cast, so I chucked it.
I think you are getting confused you still need pole hose 

I was talking about my various pole hose,to see if any one would comment or recommend,but I realise its irelivant  as ill be chucking it all away,save for a bit that goes up the pole.but I see some use 6mm,saying its lighter up the pole,ive only experienced 8mm.Thank you very much for your help. Think it,ll be an exact replica of yours Green Pro.I would however be interested in your opinions on 6 or 8mm hose if in the future I have to buy new reel hose. well back to cursing & swearing at my protector balls,untill the job is done!

Back