Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Boring conny price question

Doddy111

Alright lads

Today I cleaned my first conny (my sisters). I’m wondering how long it would take you guys and what you would charge? I told her £110-130 (14 roof panels outside only)

I’ve got a gardiners ultimate brush medium/ soft and felt like I could of done a better job with a stiffer brush to get in all the little slots. I’m guessing it’s personal preference but what do people prefer?
6a4abd1bb52fce0aeda3f5cbb45ff7a7.jpg
b7b3cfb17b2e6eb08dbc546389f2d836.jpg
c141d1050332ffc3e72375a9fe12131a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Couple of problems i encountered.
1. I couldn’t get to the far side of the conny and had no access through the neighbours so had to leave it.

2. She wanted me to clean the window above the conny and it was a proper struggle I tackled it from the side and was constantly having to change the angle of my brush. Would you use one of those swivel heads?

It’s Saturday night and I’m sat thinking about window cleaning sad I know [emoji85] but any help appreciated as always

Couple of problems i encountered.
1. I couldn’t get to the far side of the conny and had no access through the neighbours so had to leave it.

2. She wanted me to clean the window above the conny and it was a proper struggle I tackled it from the side and was constantly having to change the angle of my brush. Would you use one of those swivel heads?

It’s Saturday night and I’m sat thinking about window cleaning sad I know
emoji85.png
but any help appreciated as always

Me personally 

most I have charged for a count roof with gutterig cleared out was £30! But suppose different areas prices are different.

as for reaching the window above the if my pole can’t reacj or the angle is wrong I put the ladder up to the end of the Connery roof and then pole it from there! Amazingly I also use this position for doing that hard to reach part of the con roof but a lot of the time going round next door to make sure I didn’t miss any! 

Me personally 
most I have charged for a count roof with gutterig cleared out was £30! But suppose different areas prices are different.

as for reaching the window above the if my pole can’t reacj or the angle is wrong I put the ladder up to the end of the Connery roof and then pole it from there! Amazingly I also use this position for doing that hard to reach part of the con roof but a lot of the time going round next door to make sure I didn’t miss any! 

I don’t think I’ve explained it well enough I did all of the exterior of the conny would you still price £30?

I’m going back to tackle that window tomorrow it’s winding me up.. My pole will reach its just tough on the shoulders think I need to start hitting the weights

Cheers for getting back to me

I'm glad we're not related ? That's a 2 hour max job. Hope the last photo was a before rather than after. To get the window without a swivel lock your left arm in a v against your chest / shoulder and walk back and forward. Get a decent set of step ladders to get the awkward side. 

That window is easy.. ladder against conny to get you high enough and pole it from there

Pole is in front of you not coming from the side and no stress on shoulders then

Once you are used to those type of jobs you could do it in just over an hour and make an easy 80 sheets

Hi @Doddy111

good on you keep it up. Wow £110 - £130 is a really good high price. If I got that job, I would arrange with the my customer & their neighbour before hand so I could clean from their garden to get a perfect job. Looks pretty dirty I suppose but I would estimate 60-90mins work max (applying chemicals, going through to neighbours garden, doing that top window  etc and whenever I do a roof I always do the conservatory gutters & lower conservatory windows etc)

So price wise it’s what you are aiming to earn. I’d price at somewhere around £60ish for the roof, con guttering & lower windows (the lower stuff looks pretty clean but it always gets a little bit splashed)

But hey if you get a few of them at £120ish then good on you! Book up 5 or 6 of them in one day haha?

And yeh that top window looks awkward, but yep from the side, stiff pole ideally, turn the brush at a full 90 degree angle and just do what you can. 

If it was a one off off for someone I didn’t know and I was really busy and didn’t really mind either way then I’d quote a little more

£30? That's a bit cheap.... There's companies who would charge ten times that.

I work off very big stepladders which helps on awkard to reach places over connies. 

I do a lot of weight training and even though it does take its toll when your working over very hard to reach areas. 

Just pace your self do a bit of high stuff then drop the pole and do some low stuff. Get your energy back up while still working on something moving the job along. Then do a bit more high stuff.

The window above the conny looks really easy to clean I use a 22ft pole and I would have cleaned it from the front stood on the decking and pole would reach easily nice straight forward clean as for the roof as @THL4KEL says big set of step ladders would have done the job or invest in a decent telescopic ladder, also if you put plenty of Ubik on or whatever you chose to use it would tackle the green easily just remember to shut off water flow whilst scrubbing sometimes so as not to rinse away most of the detergent more suds the better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope the last photo was a before rather than after.

Yep was a 100% a before photo there’s the after one...

714334ef109f81c0b816e27cec6297b5.jpg

I have 3 sisters and always charge at least half my going rate as they are good with childcare for me but I like your idea of adding about £80 to the price, everyone treats their family differently I guess ?

I have 3 sisters and always charge at least half my going rate as they are good with childcare for me but I like your idea of adding about £80 to the price, everyone treats their family differently I guess ?

Haha I didn't charge her that I just told her that's what I thought the price of the job would be... It cost her a bacon butty and a few brews 

3 points to make.

1. Price to high I.m.o. That’s about 80-90 quid job

2. Agree with @Dave B  ladder against the gutter, climb up and clean the window from there

3. Sort out your social life. On Saturday nights, go out ??

Completely agree with all 3 points haha

£30? That's a bit cheap.... There's companies who would charge ten times that.

I work off very big stepladders which helps on awkard to reach places over connies. 

I do a lot of weight training and even though it does take its toll when your working over very hard to reach areas. 

Just pace your self do a bit of high stuff then drop the pole and do some low stuff. Get your energy back up while still working on something moving the job along. Then do a bit more high stuff.
Yes it would appear I’m drastically underpriceing the roofs !

although anytime I got higher I get underpriced out or told they will leave it.

i see conny roofs are 1hour jobs.

normaly get the rest of the gutter from the houses though and regular windows cleans and many times pick up next door. 

I see this as priceless then as any  regular clean in my book is good on my table. 

Me personally 

I'm praying you live near me cause if you do then you're hired just to do conny roofs all day and expect all the overtime you can handle. 

As to the OPs question I would be asking £120 - £140 as well but that's for the whole roof. Access the neighbours to get far side of roof if needed. As for windows over connies  yes swivel heads make a huge difference. 

Top tip. When doing conny roofs, take a piece of pipe lagging about 2ft long with you.

Cut it the whole length with a Stanley knife and use it to put over the guttering where the ladder will rest against it

This will do 2 things. Stop the ladder scratching the guttering, and stop the ladder sliding about ?

Top forum this, now I know that I should be doing this job in 2 hours max, I may be going in a little high and I need to sort my social life out ? 

All good to know because after putting the pictures on FB I've had someone asking for a price to do the inside + outside of their conny , could be my first proper customer ? 

Top forum this, now I know that I should be doing this job in 2 hours max, I may be going in a little high and I need to sort my social life out ? 

All good to know because after putting the pictures on FB I've had someone asking for a price to do the inside + outside of their conny , could be my first proper customer ? 
That’s how to do it mate, work out your hourly rate, how long it will take you, add on for chemicals etc, price done.

Work your OWN price out as, in the nature of forums, your bound to get someone saying ‘ oh, that would take me 15 minutes and I would charge £300 etc’ ?

Be very careful of quoting for the inside, if they're smokers it could be minging. It will also take you longer to do, good luck in getting your first customer 

The window above the connie looks straight forward with a 22 or 25 which I have on the van for the odd window like that, I’m also pricing at approx £120 providing We get access from neighbours side. 

Back