Jump to content
Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Download Our IOS and Android App! Read more... ×
trevor peacock

Why rinsing is not always necessary



Recommended Posts

P4dstar
10 minutes ago, spruce said:

Exactly. But this reply answered that person's question. I hope in reality he later found out down the line that the info he was feed was bad and that he changed his practice to a technique that did work.

 

One of the big problems when employing is that you usually end up with cleaners who are only interested in doing the quickest job they can. Your reputation as a business isn't usually a priority to them. We had the same thing with money driven salesmen. They would lie or just say anything to get a sale and earn some more commission.

 

Generally speaking its good to listen to and try other cleaners suggestions. It may not work for everyone but one never knows unless they try it.

 

I've experienced this many many times mate. I remember working in a call centre for Carphone warehouse. When the second iPhone was released we took 30x the usual call amount. This one kid was telling every customer whatever phone they were ordering came with a free discount on their calls. He signed them up for call services with TalkTalk. Because we were so busy it went unnoticed. Retentions for TalkTalk was outsourced at the time so this wasn't well communicated back but the guy was picking up £10 per sale in commission. Another lad was signing up fake contracts for lads who had just come over from Pakistan, they were all delivered to local addresses, obviously this was dealt with severely when it was found out but in the meantime we were all sending lads to listen in to his calls and see what he was doing to get so many sales 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Dave Shaw
 
This is a most valid point.  All our lads start with pencil jets and fixed poles.  And they all get told the same. Get it right first, fast will come second. 

don’t flatter yourself Darren.


Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
 
spruce

There is always something you can learn by observing.

 

You showed a clip on fitting internal pole holders into the roof of your van. Just one little comment made me sit up and take note. Screwfix sell Munsen rings. No they don't as I've search on their website for them.

Yes they do, but they don't call them Munsen rings like we all know them as. They call them Tesla pipe clips. Thank you for that info tip @Green Pro Clean Ltd

Share this post


Link to post
Dave Shaw
Exactly. But this reply answered that person's question. I hope in reality he later found out down the line that the info he was feed was bad and that he changed his practice to a technique that did work.
 
One of the big problems when employing is that you usually end up with cleaners who are only interested in doing the quickest job they can. Your reputation as a business isn't usually a priority to them. We had the same thing with money driven salesmen. They would lie or just say anything to get a sale and earn some more commission.
 
Generally speaking its good to listen to and try other cleaners suggestions. It may not work for everyone but one never knows unless they try it.
 

Too true. I had that dilemma when deciding how to pay my employee. Do you pay on price and have them fly round trying to earn as much as poss or pay them hourly and have them dragging their feet as they are getting paid the same no matter what they do. I decided to pay hourly and have quality over quantity.


Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
1 minute ago, spruce said:

There is always something you can learn by observing.

 

You showed a clip on fitting internal pole holders into the roof of your van. Just one little comment made me sit up and take note. Screwfix sell Munsen rings. No they don't as I've search on their website for them.

Yes they do, but they don't call them Munsen rings like we all know them as. They call them Tesla pipe clips. Thank you for that info tip @Green Pro Clean Ltd

That was a very good video. I was about to order the kit as I currently have a piece of pipe zip tied to the roof of the van and want more holders. Problem is the stupid dispatch only has one section in the middle of the van they you can work with. I'd also have to be extremely careful as I believe there are wires going through it. Very envious of @Pjj's set up!

Share this post


Link to post
spruce
11 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I've experienced this many many times mate. I remember working in a call centre for Carphone warehouse. When the second iPhone was released we took 30x the usual call amount. This one kid was telling every customer whatever phone they were ordering came with a free discount on their calls. He signed them up for call services with TalkTalk. Because we were so busy it went unnoticed. Retentions for TalkTalk was outsourced at the time so this wasn't well communicated back but the guy was picking up £10 per sale in commission. Another lad was signing up fake contracts for lads who had just come over from Pakistan, they were all delivered to local addresses, obviously this was dealt with severely when it was found out but in the meantime we were all sending lads to listen in to his calls and see what he was doing to get so many sales 🙄

 

I've recalled this several times over the years. I worked in a motor dealership. There was a mechanic in the workshop who managed to get through a tremendous amount of work and earnt mega bonuses.

He was put on a 'pedestal' by our workshop service director as an example of what could be achieved by hard work, not only at our dealership but in the 80 workshops we had in the group. 

Then a customer came back into the workshop at the end of the day to ask if his car had been serviced because it was in the same parking bay he had left it in when he dropped the car off in the morning. He had signed the service off as complete with all the parts but hadn't done the job. The following week he got caught again by management this time who were checking up on him.

 

On one of the forums it was reported that a window cleaning business owner put a sticker inside the window of each commercail business they cleaner. I guess it was something like a QR code sticker. I see the health care nurses use them as well. They scan their entrance and exit onto their phone so they prove that they were at the customer's house, what time they arrived and what time they left. When the cleaner had done the job the cleaner was to use his scan tool and this was used as proof that the windie had done the job and an invoice raised. The cleaner just went to site, sat in the van for 20 minutes and then scanned the sticker and left. He did that with his customers and there was never an issue as the invoice was sent to Headoffice for payment.

Apparently the fool got caught when he decided he wanted the day off so drove around all his customers that day and scanned the ticket. He'd finished that by midmorning and had the rest of the day off. He didn't know that the scanner also noted the time of the scan.

Share this post


Link to post
spruce
25 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

That was a very good video. I was about to order the kit as I currently have a piece of pipe zip tied to the roof of the van and want more holders. Problem is the stupid dispatch only has one section in the middle of the van they you can work with. I'd also have to be extremely careful as I believe there are wires going through it. Very envious of @Pjj's set up!

It looks good, but remember, @Pjj's van is a mwb and a high roof.

 

There is nothing stopping you adding a wood beam across the roof line of your van and securing it to the side framework with something like a joist hanger.

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
1 hour ago, spruce said:

It looks good, but remember, @Pjj's van is a mwb and a high roof.

 

There is nothing stopping you adding a wood beam across the roof line of your van and securing it to the side framework with something like a joist hanger.

Besides a distinct lack of skill and technical knowledge. Have a look @spruce. There is literally one bar going width ways across the middle of the van and then one going long ways which only goes from the bulk head to the middle of the van. All the other grooves are the roof.

AquLjm3ASJmA9LXdSqJ13A.jpg

I did think perhaps I could make a double one by bolting a second Munsen ring into the pipe above but they will definitely scratch the pole in the top holder.

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
1 hour ago, P4dstar said:

Besides a distinct lack of skill and technical knowledge. Have a look @spruce. There is literally one bar going width ways across the middle of the van and then one going long ways which only goes from the bulk head to the middle of the van. All the other grooves are the roof.

AquLjm3ASJmA9LXdSqJ13A.jpg

I did think perhaps I could make a double one by bolting a second Munsen ring into the pipe above but they will definitely scratch the pole in the top holder.

 

 

You could attach cross beams to the box section at the roof line on both sides and that will then give you something to attach the tubes to it’s not difficult to do you can use joist hangers from a builders merchants and pop rivet them in place I did this for a friend who has a dispatch it ended up very similar to what I have in my van , it’s also a cheap job to do 

Share this post


Link to post
Nicky
On 06/11/2018 at 21:27, Suhrly said:

 

In all those years though mate, have you ever TRIED the 'not rinsing' thing..? Intrigued to know with someone of your 15 year WFP experience.

Yes Suhrly , I have tried it on numerous occasions. when I had my first system fitted by ionic and they showed me how to use the wfp system they told  me to rinse the glass thoroughly and that is what I like to do .

IM not saying that green pro way is not right or does not bring perfect results. Is it just a way of saving water each to there own

Share this post


Link to post


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.