Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
ashley john

Rain and windows getting dirty

ashley john

I have had a few customers today now telling me not to do their windows as the rain gets them dirty. Im sacking off anyone who tells me that now, it's bullshit!! Anyone had this and how do you deal with the issue. Sorry about the rant lol

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Nudel

To be honest I kind of understand them. For monthly customers I don't care  much about the weather. But for those who get cleaned four times a year I try to clean them when the forecast is ok. Wind and little or no rain is the worst, and I can see why it hurts to pay for something that only lasts a few hours.

ashley john
To be honest I kind of understand them. For monthly customers I don't care  much about the weather. But for those who get cleaned four times a year I try to clean them when the forecast is ok. Wind and little or no rain is the worst, and I can see why it hurts to pay for something that only lasts a few hours.
They are monthly customers and only fronts £5.00 but they add up like. I wouldn't even care about paying a fiver if it was me lol.

Part Timer
34 minutes ago, ashley john said:

I have had a few customers today now telling me not to do their windows as the rain gets them dirty. Im sacking off anyone who tells me that now, it's bullshit!! Anyone had this and how do you deal with the issue. Sorry about the rant lol

I tell them if they're not clean after I've finished ring me and I'll call back. Rain doesn't get windows dirty, it's nearly as pure as we use, depending where you live. More dangerous for WFP is dry windy days

Bart90

I try to tell all my customers that I work in all weathers except extreme conditions and I try to make sure all new customers know this.  Educate them as best you can and as part timer suggested.  If they still persist with 'not today please because of the weather' then I would bin them once I'd got better replacements.

ashley john
I try to tell all my customers that I work in all weathers except extreme conditions and I try to make sure all new customers know this.  Educate them as best you can and as part timer suggested.  If they still persist with 'not today please because of the weather' then I would bin them once I'd got better replacements.
Good call. Cheers mate

Incheck

Depends on how you clean. wfp is a breeze in the rain, the rain helps. I wouldn’t trad in heavy rain though, the micro fibre cloths get sopping wet. a dry cloth picks up soot whereas a damp cloth tends to just spread it around

Oli

Same here
I let them know from the start that it’s an all year round service (and the price i gave is for a regular monthly clean) and due to the good old British weather there will inevitably be some days I’ll have to come when it’s raining.
Depending on how many customers you have either bin them straight away or mark their names for when you start getting full.

ashley john

Same here
I let them know from the start that it’s an all year round service (and the price i gave is for a regular monthly clean) and due to the good old British weather there will inevitably be some days I’ll have to come when it’s raining.
Depending on how many customers you have either bin them straight away or mark their names for when you start getting full.
I got a full round i cant keep up with on my own anyhow. Thinking of getting rid of the **** before taking on someone again anyhow. How do most people react to you saying that? Are they ok with it?