Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rain and windows getting dirty

To be honest I kind of understand them. For monthly customers I don't careĀ  much about the weather. But for those who get cleaned four times a year I try to clean them when the forecast is ok. Wind and little or no rain is the worst, and I can see why it hurts to pay for something that only lasts a few hours.

To be honest I kind of understand them. For monthly customers I don't careĀ  much about the weather. But for those who get cleaned four times a year I try to clean them when the forecast is ok. Wind and little or no rain is the worst, and I can see why it hurts to pay for something that only lasts a few hours.
They are monthly customers and only fronts Ā£5.00 but they add up like. I wouldn't even care about paying a fiver if it was me lol.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have had a few customers today now telling me not to do their windows as the rain gets them dirty. Im sacking off anyone who tells me that now, it's bullshit!! Anyone had this and how do you deal with the issue. Sorry about the rant lol

I tell them if they're not clean after I've finished ring me and I'll call back. Rain doesn't get windows dirty, it's nearly as pure as we use, depending where you live. More dangerous for WFP is dry windy days

I try to tell all my customers that I work in all weathers except extreme conditions and I try to make sure all new customers know this.Ā  Educate them as best you can and as part timer suggested.Ā  If they still persist with 'not today please becauseĀ of the weather' then I would bin them once I'd got better replacements.

I try to tell all my customers that I work in all weathers except extreme conditions and I try to make sure all new customers know this.Ā  Educate them as best you can and as part timer suggested.Ā  If they still persist with 'not today please becauseĀ of the weather' then I would bin them once I'd got better replacements.
Good call. Cheers mate

Depends on how you clean. wfp is a breeze in the rain, the rain helps. I wouldnā€™t trad in heavy rain though, the micro fibre cloths get sopping wet. a dry cloth picks up soot whereas a damp cloth tends to just spread it around

Same here
I let them know from the start that itā€™s an all year round service (and the price i gave is for a regular monthly clean) and due to the good old British weather there will inevitably be some days Iā€™ll have to come when itā€™s raining.
Depending on how many customers you have either bin them straight away or mark their names for when you start getting full.

Same here
I let them know from the start that itā€™s an all year round service (and the price i gave is for a regular monthly clean) and due to the good old British weather there will inevitably be some days Iā€™ll have to come when itā€™s raining.
Depending on how many customers you have either bin them straight away or mark their names for when you start getting full.
I got a full round i cant keep up with on my own anyhow. Thinking of getting rid of the **** before taking on someone again anyhow. How do most people react to you saying that? Are they ok with it?

I had one who I've cleaned twice text me back asking to leave the windows for now as next door are having work done on an extension and her windows are getting dirty. I replied back saying that if they're getting dirty they'll need cleaning then. I also said I'd be taking her off the round and if she wanted me to continue in the future I'd see if I had any space left to accommodate her. She's a weirdo anyway. She'd stand too close for comfort when I spoke to her. And no I wouldn't ?

I got a full round i cant keep up with on my own anyhow. Thinking of getting rid of the **** before taking on someone again anyhow. How do most people react to you saying that? Are they ok with it?

Most are fine with it but if theyā€™re unsure just explain everything to them and I offer a rain guarantee aswell where I will reclean if theyā€™re unhappy. Never had anyone complain!

I also say I wouldnā€™t offer a rain guarantee if I wasnā€™t confident in the results of cleaning in the rain! Otherwise I wouldnā€™t bother cleaning them in the rain in the first place if it meant I had to constantly go back and do them again.
That usually reassures them

explain the rain dontĀ doĀ Ā anyĀ harm if they are still unhappy then get rid,Ā easy for me as I have a full round.Ā 

Ā 
If they've got it in their head they don't want them cleaned when it's raining you won't change their minds. I sell the service properly from the start and still have a couple that p1ss me around. I have one guy who is insistent I don't clean in the rain. Unfortunately I clean 4 of his neighbours on the same day, i've made the decision that the Ā£100 worth of work is worth keeping hold of even if i have to rearrange this guy sometimes.

I agree with you Ā£5 for the fronts they shouldn't be crying at you over a little rain. Unlike some of the others who always reply to this subject I do feel for a well priced customer. I try to find a balance and clean when its raining more than I little I knock a few on the head. When it's raining heavy I don't bother at all. I know the rain won't affect the windows if for example it rains for an hour or two and then stops. If it rains the rest of the day however a certain amount of dirt is going to wash from the brickwork or render onto the downstairs windows.

Something no one on here ever mentions (Although it isn't actually relevant outside of summer) is that rain can be dirty. As a general rule it would be less than 10ppm but sometimes rain is contaminated and travels across Europe from north Africa carrying bits of dust in it.... Not the only example i'm sure but certainly one someone would think back to when a windy tells them they clean in the rain.

but sometimes rain is contaminated and travels across Europe from north Africa carrying bits of dust in it.... Not the only example i'm sure but certainly one someone would think back to when a windy tells them they clean in the rain.
That's why @spruceshouldn't wash windows when it's raining and a westerly wind, get all theĀ  :1f4a9: from ICI Wilton, or whatever it's called nowĀ 

Wet weather for me is aĀ nuisance since learning morse code.

Last night I couldnā€™t sleep as the rain hitting the windows kept telling me to go f*ck myself ?

Joking aside, I work in the rain ?

Latest Posts

Back