ashley john

Rain and windows getting dirty

P4dstar
2 minutes ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

If I thought it was ever an argument i'd roll my eyes and go watch cat videos on youtube instead. 😼

Can't find any, I subscribed to some muppets channel and now all I can find are his videos 😉😂😂😂

Part Timer

I don't work in torrential rain as a choice, I will however finish a job in heavy rain. At the end of the day it's your own business and you should run it the way you want to. My comments are purely aimed at customers not being able to tell us when we can and can't clean windows.

Den
2 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I don't work in torrential rain as a choice, I will however finish a job in heavy rain. At the end of the day it's your own business and you should run it the way you want to. My comments are purely aimed at customers not being able to tell us when we can and can't clean windows.

Don’t blame you not working in heavy rain you catch a death of cold at your age 😂

Green Pro Clean Ltd
49 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Can't find any, I subscribed to some muppets channel and now all I can find are his videos 😉😂😂😂

🙄🖕🤐

P4dstar
42 minutes ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

🙄🖕🤐

Haha. In fairness this site has been like a morgue the last few weeks. These few post have really livened things up. Like I said i'm fond of a good arg... I mean heated debate 😉😂

steve garwood
6 hours ago, P4dstar said:

As I say i'm not looking at people like @Part Timer or @steve garwood. Steve said above about telling a customer ''i'll see you in 6/7 weeks'' and i'll bet he doesn't bat an eye at losing that £10 or £20 or whatever.

First things first, buying new and upgraded tools is not taking money out of your business it's investing in it. Fair play to you Darren I remember watching your video on how you started out on your own by borrowing a ladder from a neighbour and chapping doors. The thing you've missed here is you tried to get a part time job, you tried to balance the books and feed the family correctly which is exactly the point i'm making, at least you tried.

If someone just goes out window cleaning and takes every penny out of their business, doesn't try to keep money to one side literally for a rainy day. Upgrade their kit. Pay for advertising... and so on. If someone walks into this job thinking they can make 2k a month within a few months and life will be sweet they are sadly mistaken. I also want to point out I am still a newbie to the window cleaning world so i'm speaking from my current experience. My wife drives an 11 year old car, I could have gone and bought us a newer one or leased one but I know I will be stretching myself a lot if I do that. We didn't have a family holiday this year to balance the books. If I had done these things and others I would be desperate to work today (It's currently hammering it down) Instead I'm sat at home arguing with you and playing with my son... Much more enjoyable and I do love a good debate 😂

Just to clarify, if the customer says leave them today, I don’t lose a penny. I will just do an extra house at the end of the day 👌

8-4 mon-thur, 8-3 Fridays then 🍺👍

Part Timer
12 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

8-4 mon-thur, 8-3 Fridays then 🍺👍

At our age that's far to many hours 😀

Den
1 minute ago, Part Timer said:

Don’t think Steve drinks enough weekends 😂

steve garwood
3 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

We have a break at 11 and another at half 1.

Cant go without food for more than 3 hours 😋

Green Pro Clean Ltd
6 minutes ago, Den said:

Don’t think Steve drinks enough weekends 😂

Our Ginger ninja Milwall supporting skin?  I was sure he's a Tee-totaler officer! 

THL4KEL

I try and do as much pressure washing as possible so always have waterproofs onboard van. So if it does come down heavy I just put them on till the downpour is over.

P4dstar
53 minutes ago, THL4KEL said:

I try and do as much pressure washing as possible so always have waterproofs onboard van. So if it does come down heavy I just put them on till the downpour is over.

Pressure washing and conny roof cleans could be a good alternative to sitting on your ar5e all day if it rains

THL4KEL
32 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Pressure washing and conny roof cleans could be a good alternative to sitting on your ar5e all day if it rains

And gutter cleaning.. I was really hoping it would lash it down today as I had a jungle to sort out... Typically it started raining well after the job had been completed..