Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Smaller Windows?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

buzzing

What is the best way to clean this sort of window?

Is it best to just scrape the squeegee down making sure the squeegee overlaps the previous scrape downwards to remove any lines?

Also the window below this smallish window has patterns etc on it, just clean this like a patio window?

View attachment 476

For the top pane, you can manage with a 14" but I har smaller channels to help stop marks line happening..

The lower pane, depending on how bumpy the pattern is, you should be able to use the squeegee, with a little more pressure, if the rubber dosent remove it all, just buff off with scrim?

For the top pane, if your just pulling instead of fanning.. Wipe the top with a micro fibre then wipe the rubber, this will stop getting soapy dragging marks when you pull down..

For the top pane, you can manage with a 14" but I har smaller channels to help stop marks line happening..

The lower pane, depending on how bumpy the pattern is, you should be able to use the squeegee, with a little more pressure, if the rubber dosent remove it all, just buff off with scrim?
This is what I do, if its realy bumpy it just wet it a bit then buff it up with a scrim

Same as MK with me for the big one if it's too bumpy for squeegee, small one personally I'd use 6" squeegee, fan it with 2 or 3 straight pulls without taking off the glass or if larger squeegee fits well just one pull straight across.

Z technique for the top one, squeegy bottom then wipe excess with a microfibre or a scrim. Simples! /emoticons/biggrin.png

I thought daley quit? nvm, welcome back. I'd either use a 6" and fan it or find a squeegee that fitted and blade across in one go. The latter is preferable (faster). For the one below same as the others have said - blade then use scrim...

How about these two types of window, are they two small for a squeegee? Just cloths? Should I get a small squeege, at moment just have a big squeegee.

Note the second photo has glass which isn't straight, you can't see through it, it has patterns- do you have to use cloths?

View attachment 487

View attachment 488

Buzz,

For the top windows(white) I would use a small squeegee, I know its a Pane,(mind the pun) but quicker then wetting and dry with cloth, for the second try with small squeegee, if not wet, window, dry with tea towl, then buff with fine microfibre cloth.

To clean small window pane ,it is important to have a small sized squeegee. It needs to be at least the same size or smaller than the actual window pane you're going to clean.U can also use small t-bars,which are available in various sizes.

I use an 18" t-bar/applicator for all my rounds.. If it doesnt fit in at an angle I just use the end bit of it - saves messing with differnt tbars..

Back