Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Hydie331

Hello newbie to window cleaning.

Hydie331

Hello,

I have been looking to start window cleaning for a while now but not been able to pull the trigger over the fear of not getting enough customers as I see loads of window cleaners around my area I will be going WFP route, Also how do you price up a house? I have been quoted £5 for a 2 bedroom terraced house surely this isn't the norm.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

scottish cleaning service

A fiver is nothing now and many windys have a minimum of £8 now. Not worth the hassle for a fiver. If you WFP then you will be cleaning the frames also and most now clean the doors. I have found that cleaning a front door impresses the customer.

Part Timer
14 minutes ago, Hydie331 said:

2 bedroom terraced house surely this isn't the norm

That's not an unusual price in the NE, would've thought it's cheap down your way.

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Wouldn't touch a two bed terrace for less than £12.50.  There's plenty of custom out there. Always will be. 

Hydie331
7 hours ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Wouldn't touch a two bed terrace for less than £12.50.  There's plenty of custom out there. Always will be. 

I personally wouldn't offer a price that low either £12.50 would be my ball park figure also.

How long did it take you to build up a decent amount of customers per month.

scottish cleaning service

If you have a council area then it will be hard to get a tenner a house but you should be able to squeeze £7 a month.

RobDivision

Yeah, I'm with the consensus here. £5 seems a bit on the low end

Iron Giant
That's not an unusual price in the NE, would've thought it's cheap down your way.
Talking to a lad from South Sheilds who pays £3.00 for his house with 9 windows and 2 doors but they don't touch the doors

County Durham Lad

Cookie
13 hours ago, RobDivision said:

Yeah, I'm with the consensus here. £5 seems a bit on the low end

£5 for a terrace front (1 door, 3 windows) is easy money. Get a row of them & you'll be turning over £50 to £60+ per hour.

I worked out that including van costs, WFP costs, holiday, days off due to bad weather, filling up vantank, bookwork etc... it costs me roughly £5 per customer just to turn up at their door. That's why £5 is my minimum charge.