Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Hydie331

How much a month.

Hydie331

How much from month to month is the average window cleaner making I have read some crazy figures from £200 a day to only £50.

Sorry if this is a personal question and isn't allowed on here.

CM Cleaning Services

Everybody will have different answers depending on there own business ...... Is the answer is how much do YOU want to earn per month ..... There's no shortage supply of windows to clean ... How much you charge and how many you clean per day , per week , per month is entirely up to you

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hydie331
34 minutes ago, CM Cleaning Services said:

Everybody will have different answers depending on there own business ...... Is the answer is how much do YOU want to earn per month ..... There's no shortage supply of windows to clean ... How much you charge and how many you clean per day , per week , per month is entirely up to you

I guess you are correct as there is to many variables to work out an average, I personally am looking to be able to clear my current earning of £3000 a month take home. 

CM Cleaning Services
I guess you are correct as there is to many variables to work out an average, I personally am looking to be able to clear my current earning of £3000 a month take home. 
That's all you need to aim for is your own personal target and if you exceed that your Win win ...... How fast you get to your target again is entirely up to you ....Good luck

Part Timer
50 minutes ago, Hydie331 said:

That's a big lump to exceed, with holidays, pension contributions and costs you'll you'll need to get to circa £55k a year turnover. Not saying it's impossible but you'll need to put the hours in, good luck. 

Edited by Part Timer

Incheck

Some days you make good money but when theres a gale blowing outside or if you get sub-zero temperatures then you aint making a daamn thaaang. If i had a job on 36 grand a year take home, id be very content with that. Consider yourself lucky lol.

Tendering window cleaners

Getting to 3k per month is a steep hill to climb,especially if you are starting from point zero.What a one man operation can earn per day will depend on the effort put in as well as a bit of luck and more importantly, which part of the Uk you operate in.In the suburbs of london a WFP van will do 20 - 25 jobs a day on a good compact round 8am - 3:30pm off a base rate of £20 per job, down the road in Clacton, using a mixture of trad & pole, a van will do 16 -20 jobs per day off a base rate of £10 per job.If starting from scratch, buying an existing round or paying a canvaser may be an option to get up and running.

CM Cleaning Services
Getting to 3k per month is a steep hill to climb,especially if you are starting from point zero.What a one man operation can earn per day will depend on the effort put in as well as a bit of luck and more importantly, which part of the Uk you operate in.In the suburbs of london a WFP van will do 20 - 25 jobs a day on a good compact round 8am - 3:30pm off a base rate of £20 per job, down the road in Clacton, using a mixture of trad & pole, a van will do 16 -20 jobs per day off a base rate of £10 per job.If starting from scratch, buying an existing round or paying a canvaser may be an option to get up and running.
Getting to 3k per month is a steep hill to climb,especially if you are starting from point zero...... Totally agree with this I started from nothing and 18 months later I'm not at that amount just from Windows.. admittedly I've not canvassed as hard as maybe I should have , BUT I have other stuff going on besides window cleaning and so a slow build has been to my choosing

RWCleaning

As said this answer varies. I’m still not completely full every single week. Over the course of 6 weeks, I still have 2 weeks of just 2 days work in them. But I’m getting there. Obviously I need to earn a certain amount to pay my bills, and have a little spare money for myself.

But I actually focus more on my hourly rate, rather than monthly income. 6 months ago I thought £25 a hour was fine and average (for my area) for someone with all the gear etc but now I’ve put up a couple of jobs, picked up a few new better priced ones and really want to be earning £30 per hour minimum every hour by next summer. 

I know that if I work a majority of the working hours in a week, I’ll always earn enough. But yeh each month is different for me, between April-August I probably do  2 (and some of my houses are quite big) gutter clear & cleans a week extra. So the income those months is always more than say November-March.

BigFoot

In order for it to be scientific you’ll need a sample of minimum 33 customers I believe, then add up total income from the 33 and divide it by the number of customers (33) then you have your average price per customer. you’ll need to work out how many jobs you plan to do each day, you multiply the two figures together (average price x hours worked) then you get your estimated daily rate,  decide how many days a month you plan to work and you’ll come to your estimated monthly income.

we vary so much in our plans or way we choose to work. I played with figures as I was picking up customers in the early days to make estimations to convince myself that I was on the right path and found that this method wasn’t too far off my estimations. Good luck!