Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to quote this job?

Mattttt

I'm a bit new to window cleaning but I'm now ok quoting for normal jobs.  I've been asked to clean a lot of large windows with small panels and I'm not sure what to quote, mainly for the inside.

They want frames as well as glass cleaned inside and out.

The pictures attached show the front, back and one side... the other side has one window only.  Sorry the angle is not so good but I went to quote and the customer was not in so they are all taken over a fence.

panel windows back.jpg

Panel windows front.jpg

Panel windows side.jpg

Thanks for the advice.  I should also probably add that this is in a very wealthy commuter town just outside London.  The house is probably worth £3-4 million and people here are used to paying a premium.

I think the outside would take 1 hour for a first clean and then 35 minutes regular.

The inside, I'm really not sure.  The panes are so small I don't think even a small squeegee will fit so probably hand wipe every pane.  Possibly two hours of work.

Id look to quote high, doing those style of windows it tricky especially when they are small. Im based in norfolk and id charge 120 for the first clean and get it looking amazing. Then 50 four weekly for the outside same again for internal. Its high but going those windows on the front trad with the lower roof will be tricky.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'd do the outside with water-fed pole.

I'm based in Beaconsfield, Bucks.  I try to can earn £45 an hour window cleaning in this area.

I was thinking:

1st Clean - £80 inside + £60 outside = £140

Ongoing monthly/bi-monthly - £70 inside £40 outside = £110

Sorry, I missed the original post about inside. £80-£100 those Georgian bars are going to be a pane. [emoji23][emoji23]. Usually find customers with those sort of properties squeak when they walk, there that tight.

I would initially price your first clean high enough as a one off, so that if they dont have you back after the first clean.

I have sacked off super sized properties now as you'll find it easier and make more money on your normal run of the mill semi and detached.

Beautiful house, if they want it done regularly you could give them a better price. For the first clean the outside is handy, inside pain in the backside. If you don't already have a small squeegee, I would cut one to size with a hacksaw. I also made a small applicator too for glass like that. You will be detailing like mad though regardless of what you use.

First clean inside and out £160-180 quid. It's an awkward job. Hard to give regular price unless you know the frequency. If it's a once off effort £200-220 quid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful house, if they want it done regularly you could give them a better price. For the first clean the outside is handy, inside pain in the backside. If you don't already have a small squeegee, I would cut one to size with a hacksaw. I also made a small applicator too for glass like that. You will be detailing like mad though regardless of what you use.
That's a really good idea thanks!

Sorry, I missed the original post about inside. £80-£100 those Georgian bars are going to be a pane.
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
. Usually find customers with those sort of properties squeak when they walk, there that tight.

I would initially price your first clean high enough as a one off, so that if they dont have you back after the first clean.

I have sacked off super sized properties now as you'll find it easier and make more money on your normal run of the mill semi and detached.

So true mate! 

Update, I massively underestimated the inside windows.  It was almost 8 hours
Oh dear. On these type of windows in future you could try using a spray bottle 1/2 white vinegar half water, and a micro fibre. Darren made a video on it a long time ago. So much quicker than tradding each individual pane (if that’s what you did).
When i originally saw this post my first thoughts were “uh-oh”, but we’ve all been there at some point or other, we all learn the hard way!

I've not started window cleaning yet, but I do house cleaning.  I find that a glass cleaning microfibre cloth (a super fine microfibre) with pure water in a spray bottle is fine.  Don't use a normal microfibre as they leave tiny little crystal like bits on the glass.

Out of interest, how much did you quote them?  

Back