Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

He said, Ah! your only the window cleaner

Rain stopped play yesterday, so I used the time to do a bit of canvassing, managed to knock 81 doors, picked up one cash job and a direct debit one which is in effect pending until I get notification that she has authorised the payment.In the process, I door stepped a chap who was interested in our service, He gave me a look at the back of the house as well as the side passage  and I quoted him £25 which he was happy with.I then explained to him that payment was due on completion of the clean and to that end we accepted three methods of payment, cash,card and direct debit.I asked him was he likely to be home during the days in order to pay and he said not on a regular basis, to which I suggested that a direct debit would be the solution, he replied that cash would be his preferred route and said Ah! your only the window cleaner we ard bound to meet up at some stage. I don't know about you lads, but I come across this mentality a lot,for some reason, people think it's ok to run up debt with the window cleaner. Needless to say, I left him with  the one option of paying by direct debit, it will be interesting to see if he signs up. I will also add that this fellow was a good humoured one, he came across as sensible and decent and gave the impression that payment was not an issue, THE ONLY QUESTION WAS WHEN.

The days of leaving the money on the top window sill has long gone so it seems.
Haha I have a woman who responds to my reminder text telling me where she’s left the cash. Different place each time. When they tell me they’ll leave me some cash out I normally ask them to leave a cheque for security purposes. I do agree however that these people are few and far between nowadays though.

This is only after all other payment avenues have been discussed. I don’t believe in forcing GoCardless on anyone but I just tell them “it’s cash or card for the first clean and then we usually collect by direct debit” if there is some push back then I discuss other avenues and why we usually collect with GC.

I also offer people card payment with Stripe. Since moving to the Squeegee app this is pre built in for me and for ease I have another app called Paylink where I can generate a code for the customer to pay me via Stripe. The only issue there is I have to manually mark people as paid.

Stripe fees ain’t much more than GC, if you want or need the gig then it’s worth offering this. You can also take payment over the phone with Stripe. The only issue is the customer is in control

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I still ain't found a shop that sells them. Didn't even have em in Tesco
I get one each time I put fuel in the van, so try the garage. 

5 unarguable facts for you,

1. Topics are the king of chocolate bars

2. Pie mash and liquor, and lamb rogan vindaloo are the greatest dishes on earth

3. Gingers are the superior race

4. Ska is the best music 

5. You should never start a sentence with ‘so’ ?

2. Pie mash and liquor, and lamb rogan vindaloo are the greatest dishes on earth

4. Ska is the best music 

So a potential 1 out of 5 should have been doable and it certainly isn''t 1 or 3.

2 was in with a shot but Vindaloo?  Do me a favor! 

4 is good but the world of music is way too eclectic to crown any one genre. 

SO that brings us to 5: So what Captain Grammerley? ? 

As for 1: Double Deckers

As for 3: ?????????? ahh the delusion!  

4. Ska is the best music 

Definitely pie, mash and liquor

Lamb vindaloo extra hot (my local puts a bit of naga chilli in mine) and a naga naan

Also curry goat with dumplings

Best curry I've ever had was a proper ghurka goat curry, so hot it nearly melts you jaw, but so nice you can't stop eating it. Beats any Indian curry hands down

I still ain't found a shop that sells them. Didn't even have em in Tesco
 Sainsbury's have them on offer for £1 at the moment. Are they the best though? Hmm..

Bought a 4 pack of picnics from B&M yesterday for £1. And there's only one left ... 

Not anymore! ?

15417540762241538766593274783623.jpg

I'm not sure of the hierarchy of topics and picnics. Though I think they're followed pretty closely by Lion bars and toffee crisp.

My wife would agree with number 3. As would I, if I know what's good for me! Redheads do anger easily...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back