Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much would you charge?

Joshyouare

Another one of these questions.

Just got back from a bit of canvassing for the first time, knocked only about 15 doors - going to do some more this afternoon. It was all "we've already got a window cleaner" or the people just weren't in which is to be expected.

However I got 1 who was in and they said they had a window cleaner but feel free to give us a quote. I look at the front, and then round side and back.

So on the side theres 1 window which is like loads of mini windows with really thick wooden frames (15 mini windows). And then round the back, it's very similar to the front, with a glass door. Other side 1 window.

Picture is below - just wondering what people would charge. I seem to have quoted very highly compared to what her window cleaner is doing it for.

44fda0773906b2a843caeab31d4b9142.png

I quoted 30, and she said that she thinks the current window cleaner does it for 16. I then said I could do it every 2 months and she sounded a little more interested - anyway I left a card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tedious doing it trad, 16 quid is a terrible price trad for the size of that house imo. Would definitely wfp that, so much easier. Agree with lads £25 is about right on the reg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice easy job that. Half hour for one tops. If it was on my round I’d say around £25 without looking properly. If I had to travel it would be more. By on my round I mean drive directly past it so no travel time whatsoever. £16 does sound cheap but he will probs do the rest of the street so will be making himself a nice crust anyway so no need to rock the boat and risk losing it.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

are you all sure? so like 75p a window and some of them all little squares? down south thats gotta be at least a 35 me thinks ?

erm, even though its up north, but down here more, because of our outrageously priced beer and rent ?

Wouldn’t trad it , wfp only outside have no idear what’s around the back but price wise £35-45 

In ideal world we should think how long will it take me to trad this house ? Thats the price we quote to customer - then we can wfp it - it was originally hoped that we would make a better living and is safer!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Thanks for all the replies, access for trad round the front and back is very good to be honest. And as a few of you have picked up on, I'm sure it's a wfp company who do like the whole road so maybe that's why they can do it fairly cheaply.

If they already have a window cleaner, price it higher to do yourself out the job or you will set yourself off on wrong foot with other windae.  House like that should be £2-3 a window wfp imo every 8 weeks.  £35+ i would say.

Latest Posts

Back