Joshyouare

How much would you charge?

P4dstar
1 hour ago, Tuffers said:

Why the frig are they asking for a quote when the current shiner only charges £16? You won't get the job unless you undercut. Would you be happy doing that house trad for less than £16? That's  £40+ house IMO. They're not Asian are they?

Don't be daft @Tuffers, there isn't a Toyota Corolla on the drive 😂

Tuffers
4 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Don't be daft @Tuffers, there isn't a Toyota Corolla on the drive 😂

Nah, the knackered out people carrier for the wife is usually a giveaway 👳🏾‍♀️

GF Window Cleaning

I have an old bungalow with these type of pvc windows which I trad. It has just been renovated so today was my 1st time back in just over 2 months. This may sound pretty exaggerated but it has 26 windows, 2 single doors, 1 patio doors and a bifolding door. Altogether there are 403 panes of glass in the house, I know it sounds like a lot but I'll try and get a Google street view of the front. It takes me about 1 1/2 hours or maybe a little longer and I charge £30, the customer is delighted with the price and I usually get £5 extra for a tip. This is in Northern Ireland.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

GF Window Cleaning
I have an old bungalow with these type of windows which has just been renovated so today was my 1st time back in 2 months. This may sound pretty exaggerated but it has 26 windows, 2 single doors, 1 patio doors and a bifolding door. Altogether there are 403 panes of glass in the house, I know it sounds like a lot but I'll try and get a Google street view of the front. It takes me about 1 1/2 hours or maybe a little longer and I charge £30, the customer is delighted with the price and I usually get £5 extra for a tip

Not a great view but you get the ideaScreenshot_20181110-214354_Maps.jpeg

Part Timer
4 minutes ago, GF Window Cleaning said:

Not a great view

Now that is an understatement 😂

ks789

yeh, I dont like doing tree houses, too much like a jungle. give me an estate of lego houses any day, wfp the lot in an hour

GF Window Cleaning
Now that is an understatement [emoji23]
Lol [emoji23] I'll get yous a picture of the full front tomorrow, it's about 2 miles from my house. It does sound pretty far fetched to be honest lol

GF Window Cleaning
I have an old bungalow with these type of pvc windows which I trad. It has just been renovated so today was my 1st time back in just over 2 months. This may sound pretty exaggerated but it has 26 windows, 2 single doors, 1 patio doors and a bifolding door. Altogether there are 403 panes of glass in the house, I know it sounds like a lot but I'll try and get a Google street view of the front. It takes me about 1 1/2 hours or maybe a little longer and I charge £30, the customer is delighted with the price and I usually get £5 extra for a tip. This is in Northern Ireland.

Better pictures this time lol some of the windows have 40 panes of glass! Just out of interest what would you guys charge for a monthly trad including frames, sills, the lot? As I mentioned before there are 26 windows, 2 single doors, 1 patio doors and a bifolding door. Altogether there are 403 panes. It usually takes me 1+1/2 to 1+3/4 hours20181111_124157.jpeg20181111_123920.jpeg20181111_124120.jpeg20181111_123955.jpeg20181111_123944.jpeg20181111_124032.jpeg

Joshyouare
23 hours ago, Tuffers said:

Why the frig are they asking for a quote when the current shiner only charges £16? You won't get the job unless you undercut. Would you be happy doing that house trad for less than £16? That's  £40+ house IMO. They're not Asian are they?

The frames were quite dirty, maybe he doesn't do the best job? Or maybe they don't even have one haha

It was weird because she sounded very interested in me coming every 2 months at 30 pounds, as opposed to the current guy coming every month for 16

ks789
5 hours ago, GF Window Cleaning said:

Better pictures this time lol some of the windows have 40 panes of glass! Just out of interest what would you guys charge for a monthly trad including frames, sills, the lot? As I mentioned before there are 26 windows, 2 single doors, 1 patio doors and a bifolding door. Altogether there are 403 panes. It usually takes me 1+1/2 to 1+3/4 hours20181111_124157.jpeg20181111_123920.jpeg20181111_124120.jpeg20181111_123955.jpeg20181111_123944.jpeg20181111_124032.jpeg
Ideally would want more than 30 if it takes 1.5 hours, 45 would be more like, but i have a few similar where I dont make as much as other jobs and to be honest, as Im not too long established I dont mind. Its a job, and it looks like nice surroundings and you could always move on from it in the future, up the price or get a skivvy to do it lol

GF Window Cleaning

I actually enjoy this one. I know what you mean I have only been on the go since January this year and I have price a few of my first customers quite cheap this being one of them but maybe after a bit I will increase the price by £5 and then 12 or 18 months later another £5 and I'll be there. To be fair this job has got me 4 more of there family members which I have managed to price correctly

ks789

Thats great, worked out well worth it then. Some of those nice jobs are worth taking a bit less I think.

GF Window Cleaning
Thats great, worked out well worth it then. Some of those nice jobs are worth taking a bit less I think.
Yeah sometimes they are worth the work for a little less money, can't make top dollar all the time although some people won't work for less

scottish cleaning service

I actually think you would be better with glass cleaner spray bottle and a cloth to individually clean those small panes. That's what I would do and see how long it took me.

ks789

im mostly wfp but I do a few similar to that which have to be trad really. but still use pure for it. wouldn't use much, and makes a good job. if you're totally trad and have no pure I would use rain water, but yeh, you could put it in a spray bottle.

GF Window Cleaning
im mostly wfp but I do a few similar to that which have to be trad really. but still use pure for it. wouldn't use much, and makes a good job. if you're totally trad and have no pure I would use rain water, but yeh, you could put it in a spray bottle.
Yeah very true. I like the idea of cleaning everything with a sponge and fairy then spray off frames, glass and sills with a bigger pump spray bottle I think they are 7 or 9 litres which I have for TFR. I have a mate that is DI wfp so getting the water is not a problem. You may have cut my job time in half mate

GF Window Cleaning
I actually think you would be better with glass cleaner spray bottle and a cloth to individually clean those small panes. That's what I would do and see how long it took me.
Yeah it's an idea mate but with me cleaning the frames and all those bars everything is already soaked. I think I will try what KS789 has suggested for a time. Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate them all