Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
tench0771

Surfactant soft wash render

tench0771

Today i cleaned a job 3 to 1 any way on the sample patch i used no safectent wich cane out fine but when i did the job today added 300mill of clever wash and i gota say the smell was defo cut down and quicker acting on the render so i defo wont be doing any more with out safectent once I've used what i have left ill get more may even try a different one

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

scottish cleaning service

You can get away without using surfactant on a level surface but on vertical the hypo needs a grip. Doesn't need to be a strong mix because its mainly algae you are removing.

Dave B

I use LAURYL DIMETHYLAMINE OXIDE from bonnymans as a surfactant and it makes a big difference the way the foam just sticks where you put it

also I use zafflora from home bargains for a quid to reduce the smell

very effective

Corps012588

I've been very tempted with the zoflora but have always been worried about the dreaded death cloud being formed. I use a backpack for softwashing so would you use a normal bottle of zoflora or one of the big bottles in 25l?

Dennis Taylor

I once used zoflora and I’m pretty sure there was a reaction with the Hypo, it definitely made my eyes water and smelled awful.

Never tried it again.

tench0771

ill stick with clever wash £40 for 5 leters 300 mill goes in per 20l of hypo so goes long way i use back pack and on low flow so can clean a hole house with one drum of hypo unless krend that needs a few applcations

Clarkus84
ill stick with clever wash £40 for 5 leters 300 mill goes in per 20l of hypo so goes long way i use back pack and on low flow so can clean a hole house with one drum of hypo unless krend that needs a few applcations
How much hypo would you put in a backpack??

Pjj
46 minutes ago, Clarkus84 said:

How much hypo would you put in a backpack??

Generaly 4 or 5 ltr of water to 1 ltr hypo for most walls works well start with a weak mix and make it stronger if needed 

tench0771

i fill mine 16 of water then fill to the 20l mark of hypo i think thats 3to 1 mix if my maths are right there probly not lol