Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Surfactant soft wash render

tench0771

Today i cleaned a job 3 to 1 any way on the sample patch i used no safectent wich cane out fine but when i did the job today added 300mill of clever wash and i gota say the smell was defo cut down and quicker acting on the render so i defo wont be doing any more with out safectent once I've used what i have left ill get more may even try a different one

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I use LAURYL DIMETHYLAMINE OXIDE from bonnymans as a surfactant and it makes a big difference the way the foam just sticks where you put it

also I use zafflora from home bargains for a quid to reduce the smell

very effective

I once used zoflora and I’m pretty sure there was a reaction with the Hypo, it definitely made my eyes water and smelled awful.

Never tried it again.

ill stick with clever wash ÂŁ40 for 5 leters 300 mill goes in per 20l of hypo so goes long way i use back pack and on low flow so can clean a hole house with one drum of hypo unless krend that needs a few applcations

i fill mine 16 of water then fill to the 20l mark of hypo i think thats 3to 1 mix if my maths are right there probly not lol 

2.666l of 15% hypo and 17.333l water makes 20l of 2% mix which is perfect for render

3l to make things easier will be fine

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been very tempted with the zoflora but have always been worried about the dreaded death cloud being formed. I use a backpack for softwashing so would you use a normal bottle of zoflora or one of the big bottles in 25l?

you do know zoflora is made from bac50 don't you? ,it does say it on the back of the bottle in all fairness and not to mix it with any other chemicals,you'll have an excellent chance of making the chlorine gas from mixing the two together-just saying

you do know zoflora is made from bac50 don't you? ,it does say it on the back of the bottle in all fairness and not to mix it with any other chemicals,you'll have an excellent chance of making the chlorine gas from mixing the two together-just saying
That will probly make musterd gas ide have thault ,that will put most people in hospital sod mixing bio with hypo i think if any one is not 100 percent on what to use then just use no safectent or black wash as its redy mixed just add water [emoji40]

Amine oxide for surfactant + fragrances from mistrals. 

Cheaper than buying ready mixed surfactants/scents and you can add as little or as much as you like.  

Thank Me Later ?

Jetowash

Amine oxide for surfactant + fragrances from mistrals. 

Cheaper than buying ready mixed surfactants/scents and you can add as little or as much as you like.  

Thank Me Later ?

Jetowash

Are these chemicals approved  to be added to hypo ? Do you have data sheets to approve the mixing together ?.. 

Are these chemicals approved  to be added to hypo ? Do you have data sheets to approve the mixing together ?.. 
Im sure mistral would be more than happy to supply data sheets for the scents they supply if you asked.

We all know mixing chemicals full stop is a grey area, but what i will say is its got to be a better option than adding zaflora into hypo as stated previously in the post.

If mixing hypo with surfactants and scents is an issue then the likes of lightning cleanze maybe the better option as its stated on there website it is approved by the UK HSE.

Im sure mistral would be more than happy to supply data sheets for the scents they supply if you asked.

We all know mixing chemicals full stop is a grey area, but what i will say is its got to be a better option than adding zaflora into hypo as stated previously in the post.

If mixing hypo with surfactants and scents is an issue then the likes of lightning cleanze maybe the better option as its stated on there website it is approved by the UK HSE.

Mixing chemicals with hypo isn’t a grey are it’s illegal unless the chemical is specifically developed and approved for that specific job it’s also highly dangerous as mixing washing up soaps with hypo causes cancer if the substance is got on the skin or inhaled , it’s always better to buy approved products that are safe to mix with it , again mixing certain things with hypo will produce mustard gas , cyanide gas ,and other highly poisonous fumes . If you are using such products on a customers property you are also a professional user and opening yourself up to prosecution if anything goes wrong , ignorance isn’t an excuse in the eyes of the law , also might pay to cheak with your insurance that you are covered to mix chemicals ? If you explaine to them what you are doing they will not cover you ( mixing stuff with bleach ) unless you supply them with all the appropriate data sheets and the ratios that you are using , and are able to prove that the stuff you are using is approved ,it’s an absolute minefield , 

ime sure they would supply data sheets but that doesn’t mean that they are safe to add to sodium hypochlorite, having been softwashing for 10 years + I thought I was quite switched on with what you could and could not do safely , I have recently been on a course and now realise how little I knew , and some of the dangers I had been exposing myself and others to , do your research carefully before playing with this stuff , don’t believe all you read on the internet and you tube videos there is a lot of false and misleading information out there , it’s worth spending a few pounds on a basic course to learn how to use it safely before you have a problem 

Mixing chemicals with hypo isn’t a grey are it’s illegal unless the chemical is specifically developed and approved for that specific job it’s also highly dangerous as mixing washing up soaps with hypo causes cancer if the substance is got on the skin or inhaled , it’s always better to buy approved products that are safe to mix with it , again mixing certain things with hypo will produce mustard gas , cyanide gas ,and other highly poisonous fumes . If you are using such products on a customers property you are also a professional user and opening yourself up to prosecution if anything goes wrong , ignorance isn’t an excuse in the eyes of the law , also might pay to cheak with your insurance that you are covered to mix chemicals ? If you explaine to them what you are doing they will not cover you ( mixing stuff with bleach ) unless you supply them with all the appropriate data sheets and the ratios that you are using , and are able to prove that the stuff you are using is approved ,it’s an absolute minefield , 

ime sure they would supply data sheets but that doesn’t mean that they are safe to add to sodium hypochlorite, having been softwashing for 10 years + I thought I was quite switched on with what you could and could not do safely , I have recently been on a course and now realise how little I knew , and some of the dangers I had been exposing myself and others to , do your research carefully before playing with this stuff , don’t believe all you read on the internet and you tube videos there is a lot of false and misleading information out there , it’s worth spending a few pounds on a basic course to learn how to use it safely before you have a problem 

I fully agree with what your saying and agree there is a lot of misleading information on the internet.

So the likes of benz products that are approved and pre mixed seem to be the only legal option, correct me if i'm wrong?

What course did you attend if you don't mind me asking, was it a general health and safety course or a course more around soft washing?

Soft washing courses are something we have recently been looking into to gain further knowledge and to make sure we are fully compliant.

Back