Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Private car insurance with business use

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Carnmore

I contacted Axa for a quote and they had to refer it to the underwriter. Came back to me today and refused to quote based upon occupation.

Does anyone know which insurance companies will insure a private car for business use?

I do property maintenance as the weather does not always allow me to work cleaning windows.However I clean the windows at my local insurance company on a monthly basis and when I was renewing my policy and mentioned the types of work I was involved in the guy nearly hit the roof as he had me down for just window cleaning.He nearly scrapped my policy altogether.I protested that I needed to keep busy when the weather wouldn't permit me to work outside.Ok for him sitting at a desk & clocking in & out with little or no obstacles to deter him from carrying out his work.When I walked out of there I vowed never to open my mouth about such matters to him again.But if I hadn't they'd be only too quick to refuse to honour any claims made on my policy if they were to arise.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I do property maintenance as the weather does not always allow me to work cleaning windows.However I clean the windows at my local insurance company on a monthly basis and when I was renewing my policy and mentioned the types of work I was involved in the guy nearly hit the roof as he had me down for just window cleaning.He nearly scrapped my policy altogether.I protested that I needed to keep busy when the weather wouldn't permit me to work outside.Ok for him sitting at a desk & clocking in & out with little or no obstacles to deter him from carrying out his work.When I walked out of there I vowed never to open my mouth about such matters to him again.But if I hadn't they'd be only too quick to refuse to honour any claims made on my policy if they were to arise.

They can't actually deny a claim unless they can prove you deliberately mislead them. They can however make you pay the difference in premium before they consider a claim. This was told to me by an underwriter who works at Endsleigh.

Back