Carnmore

Private car insurance with business use

Carnmore

I contacted Axa for a quote and they had to refer it to the underwriter. Came back to me today and refused to quote based upon occupation.

Does anyone know which insurance companies will insure a private car for business use?

P4dstar

Most will insure you with no issue. Go through a comparison site, answer all questions honestly and you're covered.

Sintesi

I do property maintenance as the weather does not always allow me to work cleaning windows.However I clean the windows at my local insurance company on a monthly basis and when I was renewing my policy and mentioned the types of work I was involved in the guy nearly hit the roof as he had me down for just window cleaning.He nearly scrapped my policy altogether.I protested that I needed to keep busy when the weather wouldn't permit me to work outside.Ok for him sitting at a desk & clocking in & out with little or no obstacles to deter him from carrying out his work.When I walked out of there I vowed never to open my mouth about such matters to him again.But if I hadn't they'd be only too quick to refuse to honour any claims made on my policy if they were to arise.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

P4dstar
21 minutes ago, Sintesi said:

I do property maintenance as the weather does not always allow me to work cleaning windows.However I clean the windows at my local insurance company on a monthly basis and when I was renewing my policy and mentioned the types of work I was involved in the guy nearly hit the roof as he had me down for just window cleaning.He nearly scrapped my policy altogether.I protested that I needed to keep busy when the weather wouldn't permit me to work outside.Ok for him sitting at a desk & clocking in & out with little or no obstacles to deter him from carrying out his work.When I walked out of there I vowed never to open my mouth about such matters to him again.But if I hadn't they'd be only too quick to refuse to honour any claims made on my policy if they were to arise.

They can't actually deny a claim unless they can prove you deliberately mislead them. They can however make you pay the difference in premium before they consider a claim. This was told to me by an underwriter who works at Endsleigh.