Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Public liability

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Carts69

Ok.. gleaming won’t touch me because of a ccj, so I’m looking for recommendations on other companies, now this is confusing me as to what I need cover for, apart from wfp, do I need cover for gfs cleaning, gutter vacing, Pressure Washing etc, I see gleaming offer cover for all this, but do other insurers or do I really need cover for these add ons,

maybe someone would be good enough to explain what I actually need cover for?

You need cover for the types of work that you are doing but and it’s a big but most don’t cover the item being worked on gleaming do cover it 
So basically public liability only covers what... someone tripping over the hose? 

Yes or if you drop the pole on the Ferrari parked on the drive , it won’t cover the pain of glass you are cleaning , you need to tell them all the different types of cleaning you do ie gutter vaccing,window cleaning ,plastic cleaning ,softwashing, pressurewashing, they won’t nessaseraly charge you more but you need to declair all the things you do 

I don’t understand why they have a problem with a ccj I haven’t got one but have never been asked when taking out insurance if I have 

Yes or if you drop the pole on the Ferrari parked on the drive , it won’t cover the pain of glass you are cleaning , you need to tell them all the different types of cleaning you do ie gutter vaccing,window cleaning ,plastic cleaning ,softwashing, pressurewashing, they won’t nessaseraly charge you more but you need to declair all the things you do 

I don’t understand why they have a problem with a ccj I haven’t got one but have never been asked when taking out insurance if I have 
Ah.. well that’s where honesty doesn’t pay, I agree it has absolutely zero to do with anything, take the payment in full up front... yep I’m cool with that, but nah ?

The reason for the question of a ccj is that the insurance company is selling you a product for “x” amount. You then have the option of either paying in full or paying over a period of 12 months (some may vary) if you chose the option of 12 months then another company (such as close brothers finanace) effectively pay for you or lend you the money whichever way you want to look at it and you repay them at a cost. No different to buying a car on lease. The CCJ comes into when you are taking out finance (not paying in full) usually companies will not let you have finance with a CCJ for obvious reasons.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The reason for the question of a ccj is that the insurance company is selling you a product for “x” amount. You then have the option of either paying in full or paying over a period of 12 months (some may vary) if you chose the option of 12 months then another company (such as close brothers finanace) effectively pay for you or lend you the money whichever way you want to look at it and you repay them at a cost. No different to buying a car on lease. The CCJ comes into when you are taking out finance (not paying in full) usually companies will not let you have finance with a CCJ for obvious reasons.

So if paying up front for the years insurance then a ccj shouldn’t make any difference then ? Only be a problem if you are paying the premium monthly is that what you are saying ? I dont know if the op was asking for credit or paying in full up front 

Yes that’s correct. There should be no reason why a CCJ comes into it. Sometimes it’s asked prior to discussing payment method. But technically it should not affect the price. It was just that the OP suggested that they won’t touch them with a CCJ was The reason for the comment.

Latest Posts

Back