Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another how much would you charge

That for me on a contract would be day rate, don't think it would take you a day but after doing it you wouldn't want to do anything else. As it's a one off then that would depend on the state of the windows, anything from £350 to £500. 

Ok wow I gotta learn how to price big jobs I think
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
how long would you take to clean ...

Windows are only general dirty , odd bird splat , cobwebs other than that it's maintained quarterly

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

As p/t said make it a day job. Mingling or not it shouldn't take more than a day. As it's a one off it should be more than your normal day rate. You've said it's maintained quarterly, why are they asking you for a one off quote?

Ok wow I gotta learn how to price big jobs I think
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
how long would you take to clean ...

Windows are only general dirty , odd bird splat , cobwebs other than that it's maintained quarterly

Go with your gut feeling, and learn by doing so, nothing worse than quoting on other peoples advice and missing it. With a 45cm 4 jet brush it should take you 5 or 6 hours, assuming a 27' pole will reach the top windows. It will however be hard work, even for those that are use to doing big one site jobs.

Go with your gut feeling, and learn by doing so, nothing worse than quoting on other peoples advice and missing it. With a 45cm 4 jet brush it should take you 5 or 6 hours, assuming a 27' pole will reach the top windows. It will however be hard work, even for those that are use to doing big one site jobs.
It's definitely a learning curve but never been shy of hard graft ..... Unfortunately just a standard pole and normal brush [emoji849] ..... Bigger pole and brush is on the shopping list

Nice job. These are the kind of customers I live for ? Expect to walk a lot as you have to clean it in rows not columns.

Should be an easy day job if your pole is comfortably long enough. I'd get a large brush for it immediately, it'll pay off for this job only.

Nice job. These are the kind of customers I live for [emoji16] Expect to walk a lot as you have to clean it in rows not columns.

Should be an easy day job if your pole is comfortably long enough. I'd get a large brush for it immediately, it'll pay off for this job only.
Thanks I look forward to tackling it [emoji16]( if I get it

Ok daft question why clean it in rows besides the obvious of letting top drip off some before tackling below?? - I was thinking of doing a few columns at time and then moving along ???

Yeah once it's confirmed I,ll get a 40/45cm brush for next day delivery I think it's going to help lol

£500-600 job that if once off. To be fair it's pretty straight forward but just a very big and time consuming job. I would arrive early and getting cracking at that, take your time... perfect job imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
To give op an idea of how much work is involved, I clean this section of glass every 6 months, they're always minging and I get runs off the frames. It takes me about an hour.

IMG_1012.JPG

Ok daft question why clean it in rows besides the obvious of letting top drip off some before tackling below?? - I was thinking of doing a few columns at time and then moving along ???

It's just the way I found works best for me, but we do have a lot of salt here.

I start by scrubbing the top frame only, all the way down the building.

Then I go back, clean the top window avoiding the top frame all the while scrubbing the top frame of the second row as I move along. And so forth.

Does that make sense?

You can divide it up into columns if you like of course, but I find the longer I let the top frame dry the more likely it is to turn out perfect, and overall I find I can clean faster.

Latest Posts

Back