CM Cleaning Services

Another how much would you charge

CM Cleaning Services

As the title says how much would you guys put below job

1 off clean

No access issues

Whole front is one picture

Sides are the picture of that single section same both sides

Rear is the 2 split pictures IMG_20181109_100934.jpegIMG_20181109_100648.jpegIMG_20181109_100643.jpegIMG_20181109_100740.jpeg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Part Timer

That for me on a contract would be day rate, don't think it would take you a day but after doing it you wouldn't want to do anything else. As it's a one off then that would depend on the state of the windows, anything from £350 to £500. 

CM Cleaning Services

Ok wow I gotta learn how to price big jobs I think [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] how long would you take to clean ...

Windows are only general dirty , odd bird splat , cobwebs other than that it's maintained quarterly

Tuffers
14 minutes ago, CM Cleaning Services said:

Ok wow I gotta learn how to price big jobs I think emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png how long would you take to clean ...

Windows are only general dirty , odd bird splat , cobwebs other than that it's maintained quarterly

As p/t said make it a day job. Mingling or not it shouldn't take more than a day. As it's a one off it should be more than your normal day rate. You've said it's maintained quarterly, why are they asking you for a one off quote?

Part Timer
14 minutes ago, CM Cleaning Services said:

Ok wow I gotta learn how to price big jobs I think emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png how long would you take to clean ...

Go with your gut feeling, and learn by doing so, nothing worse than quoting on other peoples advice and missing it. With a 45cm 4 jet brush it should take you 5 or 6 hours, assuming a 27' pole will reach the top windows. It will however be hard work, even for those that are use to doing big one site jobs.

CM Cleaning Services
Go with your gut feeling, and learn by doing so, nothing worse than quoting on other peoples advice and missing it. With a 45cm 4 jet brush it should take you 5 or 6 hours, assuming a 27' pole will reach the top windows. It will however be hard work, even for those that are use to doing big one site jobs.
It's definitely a learning curve but never been shy of hard graft ..... Unfortunately just a standard pole and normal brush [emoji849] ..... Bigger pole and brush is on the shopping list

Nudel

Nice job. These are the kind of customers I live for 😁 Expect to walk a lot as you have to clean it in rows not columns.

Should be an easy day job if your pole is comfortably long enough. I'd get a large brush for it immediately, it'll pay off for this job only.

CM Cleaning Services
Nice job. These are the kind of customers I live for [emoji16] Expect to walk a lot as you have to clean it in rows not columns.

Should be an easy day job if your pole is comfortably long enough. I'd get a large brush for it immediately, it'll pay off for this job only.
Thanks I look forward to tackling it [emoji16]( if I get it

Ok daft question why clean it in rows besides the obvious of letting top drip off some before tackling below?? - I was thinking of doing a few columns at time and then moving along ???

Yeah once it's confirmed I,ll get a 40/45cm brush for next day delivery I think it's going to help lol

Part Timer

Personally I'd do the top  pains for the first 6 rows and then drop the pole and do the next 3 and finish the bottom 2. This saves putting the pole up and down and saves you time. 

Daniel Perkins

£500-600 job that if once off. To be fair it's pretty straight forward but just a very big and time consuming job. I would arrive early and getting cracking at that, take your time... perfect job imo.

Edited by Daniel Perkins

scottish cleaning service

I would be £500 no danger!

Tuffers

To give op an idea of how much work is involved, I clean this section of glass every 6 months, they're always minging and I get runs off the frames. It takes me about an hour.

IMG_1012.thumb.JPG.f5abdef0dcdb4ed2e8d18dcef75a3aff.JPG

Nudel
37 minutes ago, CM Cleaning Services said:

Ok daft question why clean it in rows besides the obvious of letting top drip off some before tackling below?? - I was thinking of doing a few columns at time and then moving along ???

It's just the way I found works best for me, but we do have a lot of salt here.

I start by scrubbing the top frame only, all the way down the building.

Then I go back, clean the top window avoiding the top frame all the while scrubbing the top frame of the second row as I move along. And so forth.

Does that make sense?

You can divide it up into columns if you like of course, but I find the longer I let the top frame dry the more likely it is to turn out perfect, and overall I find I can clean faster.

Suhrly
2 hours ago, Tuffers said:

To give op an idea of how much work is involved, I clean this section of glass every 6 months, they're always minging and I get runs off the frames. It takes me about an hour.

IMG_1012.thumb.JPG.f5abdef0dcdb4ed2e8d18dcef75a3aff.JPG

Cracking little job that @Tuffers is the glass nice and Hydrophylic? 

Tuffers
13 hours ago, Suhrly said:

Cracking little job that @Tuffers is the glass nice and Hydrophylic? 

Nice glass and it sheets well. That run of glass is part of a leisure centre I clean. Only done every 6 months so there's always lots of spiders nests. @HALTON, I got the job because I emailed them saying I'd driven past and noticed the windows needed a clean and would they like a quote. I picked up a second leisure centre off the back of this job as the manager is in charge of both centres. The first clean took me 6 hours, I'm down to 3 hours now.