Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washing all year or Not

I dont see why not, i wouldnt do block paving as its never dry enough to re-sand. But other surfaces yeah. You really do have to keep an eye on the temperatures though. If it drops below zero the following night you will have unwittingly created an ice rink. Water takes days to evaporate in the winter

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

We do pressurewashing all year round but most ask from March to September 

Thats what  I Thought March till September so Ive put my Washer away for the winter and never gave it anymore thought, so you guys that carryon throughout the winter what is it you do.

I got emailed yesterday to blast a backdoor path and bin area. She lived on first floor flat and didn't have an outside tap. The access was along a rear path so one would need a long hose. I dodged it, wouldn't even go and see it, told her to go and hire one.

Thats what  I Thought March till September so Ive put my Washer away for the winter and never gave it anymore thought, so you guys that carryon throughout the winter what is it you do.
Just window cleaning rounds really, and as many gutter jobs as the gods choose to bless us with.
Phone is noticeably quieter.
Keep the expenses down, plod along, & make the best of the worst. its a long way to April! ?‍♂️

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I keep my PW permanently in the van now because its insured in there. Handy when one gets an unexpected PW job. Our council wants to fund a contract for PW chewing gum off the town centre pavements. When I read it, I thought just the very job for me, though I would need to toe a bowser. Anyway, the opposition voted it down so no need for the bowser but a handy thing to have.

Winter time we still do the normal windows, loads of gutter vaccing, and quite a few plastic cleans, softwashing  , summer time windows , plastic cleans , some guttervaccing, softwashing, pressurewashing, so plenty to keep us flat out all year 

I have seen a number of guys here say the do windows in the winter, would I be right in thinking you have a steady round and fit PW work in wherever and whenever you can?
Window cleaning is where the money is in the UK mate. Pressure washing fills a gap nicely but with window cleaning you get the repeat custom, usually year round. No one wants their patio cleaned before Christmas as they won’t be out there but they will carry on with the windows as usual

Back