Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

something that can remove very strong limescale on windows

george1982

Hi guys. I just got a new client with windows that are covered with huge amount of very hard limescale. How do I remove it. Is there any chemicals that are very strong so can remove the scale from the windows? Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
In that case it may not be limescale, could be oxidation from frames or any metalwork above the window. 
It is very very hard build limescale as I do domestic cleaning and can recognise it. But it's like a glue as it's been building up for years as the client likes watering her plants very often and water goes on windows 

Yes and elbow grease ?

Don’t mess about with cheap solutions,will cost you more in the long run,pass cost to customer 

other wise tell them to phone Chicago £550 for a day to polish

Go to the range or b&q and buy kilrock limescale removing acid

Will come straight off

I have this on one house,glass porch-way with plants in heavy pots that get watered regular with our 530 tds suffolk water. I leave it and just do above it etc. its at the bottom where the pots are so is mostly hidden. i told her I couldn't get rid of it and she was fine. otherwise would be better for the plants and me if she watered them with rain water out the butt.

Hi guys. I just got a new client with windows that are covered with huge amount of very hard limescale. How do I remove it. Is there any chemicals that are very strong so can remove the scale from the windows? Many thanks
Winsol crystal clear 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just not worth the trouble. If it's as bad as that then it hasn't just happened, the owner is responsible.

I’d be weary of causing any damage to the glass Let someone else sort it.Issues like this just hold you up.End up with all sorts of different products cluttering up the van.Keep it simple

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I had a customer that had a major build up of limescale on a window in a shower. It was the thickest limescale I've ever seen. I put Viakal on it and let it soak in. I had to do it twice but it came off. Have you tried it giving the Viakal time to soak in?

It is very very hard build limescale as I do domestic cleaning and can recognise it. But it's like a glue as it's been building up for years as the client likes watering her plants very often and water goes on windows 
Muriatic acid 1:4 water or 1:3 for tough stuff. Spray on the windows. Let sit. Then rinse. Be careful. Also remember that the glass is probably etched and will never be really clean. Once clean as possible put a water refactant like Rain-X on it to keep it from happening as badly again.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back