george1982

something that can remove very strong limescale on windows

george1982
19 minutes ago, Dave B said:

Go to the range or b&q and buy kilrock limescale removing acid

Will come straight off

Is it harmful to the window frames?

ks789

I have this on one house,glass porch-way with plants in heavy pots that get watered regular with our 530 tds suffolk water. I leave it and just do above it etc. its at the bottom where the pots are so is mostly hidden. i told her I couldn't get rid of it and she was fine. otherwise would be better for the plants and me if she watered them with rain water out the butt.

Daniel Perkins
8 hours ago, george1982 said:

Hi guys. I just got a new client with windows that are covered with huge amount of very hard limescale. How do I remove it. Is there any chemicals that are very strong so can remove the scale from the windows? Many thanks

Winsol crystal clear 

Edited by Daniel Perkins

george1982
3 hours ago, Daniel Perkins said:

Thank you all for the help. Much appreciated 

rugbywolf
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 08:27, george1982 said:

Hi guys. I just got a new client with windows that are covered with huge amount of very hard limescale. How do I remove it. Is there any chemicals that are very strong so can remove the scale from the windows? Many thanks

It's just not worth the trouble. If it's as bad as that then it hasn't just happened, the owner is responsible.

Sintesi

I’d be weary of causing any damage to the glass Let someone else sort it.Issues like this just hold you up.End up with all sorts of different products cluttering up the van.Keep it simple

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

P4dstar

I had a customer that had a major build up of limescale on a window in a shower. It was the thickest limescale I've ever seen. I put Viakal on it and let it soak in. I had to do it twice but it came off. Have you tried it giving the Viakal time to soak in?

scottish cleaning service
11 hours ago, P4dstar said:

I had a customer that had a major build up of limescale on a window in a shower. It was the thickest limescale I've ever seen. I put Viakal on it and let it soak in. I had to do it twice but it came off. Have you tried it giving the Viakal time to soak in?

What about hot water?

P4dstar

What about hot water?

If I ever come across one like that again I’ll give it a go. I was cleaning the insides so I just sprayed some on, rubbed it around and then did the rest of that floor. That took half of it off so I did the same again and it all come up good as new.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app