Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

generrator gutter vac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

hi what size generator would run a 3000 watts gutter vac
I was told by the company I bought my generator from that when you start a motor the power required is, initially, at least treble the wattage. So when you start the third motor the genie needs to be able to supply 5kva, minimum. Sure there's someone out there that will correct this but only passing on what I was told. 

This is true to a fashion.    Motors do draw more current to start.  But not always 3x the ratted wattage.    

A 4kva generator will have a peak cut out of about 5kva  (2-3 seconds).   

I can run a 1200w angle grinder on my 1kva inverter generator.   Yes it struggles, but it does it.     

4kva (assuming a power factor of 0.8) should be more than sufficient to run a 3kw vac.

Also to add.   A company that sells generators told you to spend more and buy a bigger generator??   Yeah, because they assume nobody but them understands electricity and current draw. 

I'm looking at buying an inverter for using my gutter vac, but unsure what spec i need. The gutter vac is the skyvac Atom 1600 watt, and  i'd appreciate if someone could clarify what i actually need to buy to run the vac without any hiccups, i.e. cutting out, overloading etc;

I'm looking at buying an inverter for using my gutter vac, but unsure what spec i need. The gutter vac is the skyvac Atom 1600 watt, and  i'd appreciate if someone could clarify what i actually need to buy to run the vac without any hiccups, i.e. cutting out, overloading etc;
Ive just bought a skyvac atom as soon as you get your answer can you pm me?

Spinaclean are the maker/ supplier of the Sky Vac Atom.Give them a call at least then you can act on their advice and ensure that any warranty remains in place.

Looks like 650w output.. Would not of thought it would be up to the job.

Ideally whatever the vac is i.e. watts you want three times the watts from the gen to start up the vac.

Under powered gens will run the vac but, you will find there vac has reduced power so when you come across a plant it wont budge it.

Looks like 650w output.. Would not of thought it would be up to the job.

Ideally whatever the vac is i.e. watts you want three times the watts from the gen to start up the vac.

Under powered gens will run the vac but, you will find there vac has reduced power so when you come across a plant it wont budge it.
Thw Atom is 1600w so you think ill need a 5000w gennie?

Back