Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wyedale tank lid

J and S

Have Wyedale tank with a vented lid, does anyone else have a problem with water sloshing out of these occasionally and soaking floor of van on one side and if so what's the fix?

I had the same problem, someone on here recommended a thin carrier bag. Fill up, put the carrier bag over the hole, screw the lid on over the bag. Works a treat. When you start work remove it. ?

A thin layer of Vaseline around the seal will help stop the gasket stretching and 'folding up'. The round o ring seal doesn't seem to have the same problem. It seems to affect the square gasket.

You can seal the vents with mastic, then drill a small couple of holes just small enough for the width of pole hose either on the top of the tank or the lid itself.

Cut 2lengths of pole hose around 5 inches long and squeeze them through the holes and seal around the edge with silicon.

This will let the tank breath so no vacuum occurs and the water will not be able to splash up the length of the hose ?

You can seal the vents with mastic, then drill a small couple of holes just small enough for the width of pole hose either on the top of the tank or the lid itself.

Cut 2lengths of pole hose around 5 inches long and squeeze them through the holes and seal around the edge with silicon.

This will let the tank breath so no vacuum occurs and the water will not be able to splash up the length of the hose ?
exactly what I was going to say

Take the lid off, put a thick carrier bag or similar material over the hole and then screw the lid on over the top of the bag. Simple but effective.

Take the lid off, put a thick carrier bag or similar material over the hole and then screw the lid on over the top of the bag. Simple but effective.
Got to be a bit careful doing that.

Plastic tanks with no air release can cause a vacuum and occasionally buckle in on itself 

You mean 17, 14, 11 and 2 years ago ?
I can remember my sons first words to me if though it was yesterday.

”where the f*ck have you been for the last twenty four years?” ?

Got to be a bit careful doing that.

Plastic tanks with no air release can cause a vacuum and occasionally buckle in on itself 
I don't personally do it but i've seen it done. When I fill the tank it sloshes around and wets the door a little. It would be alright if you remove the bag at the first job. Knowing my luck I'd forget it and work all day with the bag there ?

Didn't know you were that old ?
It's my youthful good looks isn't it ? I'm 34 next month

Just been to see my mates new baby.

They asked me if I wanted to wind him. I thought, that’s a bit harsh, so I gave him a dead leg instead ?
Got myself banned from B&Q the other day. I don't think it was really my fault. As I walked in the door some bloke asked if I wanted decking so I knocked him out before he got a chance.

Latest Posts

Back