Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quote on gutter clearance/cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Maund

Just wondering what you would quote,

it it includes the garage,

I have quoted and been accepted at:

Clearing gutters - £135

Cleaning gutters/fascia/downpipes - £110

image.png

image.png

Just wondering what you would quote,

it it includes the garage,

I have quoted and been accepted at:

Clearing gutters - £135

Cleaning gutters/fascia/downpipes - £110

View attachment 15174

View attachment 15175

I think you're a smidge cheap there but of you can do in a half day of 4 hours or less then it's a winner in my book.  Get loads of nice snaps to promote yourself for more of the same.  

Do you guys go by a lineage metre rate?

if so would you mind sharing what you price it at?

i go by £5 a metre for gutters cleared, then gutters & fascias cleaned together. If they’ve been cleaned in the last 2 yrs or so. Then £10 for a normal apex, couple of quid for a down pipe etc etc. 

If the gutters & soffits are proper green & black and haven’t been cleaned for probably 5+ years I’d charge a little more. 

If I’m just doing a gutter clearance with the vac on it’s own, I do £3 per metre. But I’ve recently heard and read a lot higher prices so has got me thinking.

Price seems fine to me. access looks pretty good, no clutter in sight although i haven’t seen the back garden.
My only concern is are you going to be up a ladder on your own doing the gutters?.
It doesn’t matter how long you take as long as you’re alive at the end of it!
The speeds people say they’re working at on here make me nervous. Rushing only leads to suspicious customers and you will get people that go over everything with a fine tooth comb. I do a lot of these kind of jobs & if i’m honest, if i was on my own it’s easily a day, or if my brother was with
I would be allocating a good 5 hours.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

i go by £5 a metre for gutters cleared, then gutters & fascias cleaned together. If they’ve been cleaned in the last 2 yrs or so. Then £10 for a normal apex, couple of quid for a down pipe etc etc. 

If the gutters & soffits are proper green & black and haven’t been cleaned for probably 5+ years I’d charge a little more. 

If I’m just doing a gutter clearance with the vac on it’s own, I do £3 per metre. But I’ve recently heard and read a lot higher prices so has got me thinking.

I used to be £3 a metre for gutter clearance. Now I use the vac which gets everything out even the sand so I'm up to £4 minimum and more if grass is hanging out. If the customer has neglected their roof then why should I try and put it right because it's usually more bother than its worth.

I used to be £3 a metre for gutter clearance. Now I use the vac which gets everything out even the sand so I'm up to £4 minimum and more if grass is hanging out. If the customer has neglected their roof then why should I try and put it right because it's usually more bother than its worth.
Hmm ok. A while  ago I was talking to a guy who said he knows a lad who charged £10 a metre!? Is that known? I told him that I live in a 2 bed semi, although I have a 3rd bed loft conversation. So it’s 6 & half metres wide front & back. No gutters on the side just apex. So I said he’d charge £130 to clear out my gutters!? That would honestly take 15-20mins including setting up & packing away the vac. Even off a ladder wouldn’t take much more than 30mins. I found it hard to believe. He could do £1500+ a day if he only offered gutter clearing 

Hmm ok. A while  ago I was talking to a guy who said he knows a lad who charged £10 a metre!? Is that known? I told him that I live in a 2 bed semi, although I have a 3rd bed loft conversation. So it’s 6 & half metres wide front & back. No gutters on the side just apex. So I said he’d charge £130 to clear out my gutters!? That would honestly take 15-20mins including setting up & packing away the vac. Even off a ladder wouldn’t take much more than 30mins. I found it hard to believe. He could do £1500+ a day if he only offered gutter clearing 

He is probably working for a Factor who maintain buildings for a group of tenants. They usually charge £300 for a block of 4 flats which equates to £75 per flat. A roofer I knew charged a grand to clear a 4 storey tenement for less than 2hrs work. He climbed out the skylight with a harness on but no one else would even attempt it. There were 11 flats so they all got charge £90 each and were very happy because it hadn't been done in years.

He is probably working for a Factor who maintain buildings for a group of tenants. They usually charge £300 for a block of 4 flats which equates to £75 per flat. A roofer I knew charged a grand to clear a 4 storey tenement for less than 2hrs work. He climbed out the skylight with a harness on but no one else would even attempt it. There were 11 flats so they all got charge £90 each and were very happy because it hadn't been done in years.
Haha wow. Did anyone tip him as well?

Haha wow. Did anyone tip him as well?

They don't even see him as it all gets done through a factor or as this one got done through a flat owner who was trying to hold them all together. That's the reason we need factors or nothing would get done. You usually find its a woman who likes to maintain a house because a guy is happy to wait till rain is coming in. That's what I have found. fwiw

At the moment I am working at a church and trying to maintain it after 60yrs. In that 60yrs there has been many men incharge and they have done as little as possible. Now with the Anniversary the guy is trying to clean the place up and make it presentable for the 300 guests and the Bishop. So for a full month I have been there sprucing the place up. This got me thinking why its never been maintained and its because men have always been incharge. If it wasn't for women then the word fashion would fail to exist. Women also like things cleaned regularly. One of my regulars  cancelled me the moment his wife went into a home, he said he would do his own windows. 3 months later they still have not been done and he is going down hill because his wife is not in the house. Nail bars and hair saloons seem to do well. 

I look at at the job work out the meterage think how long it will take and come up with a price , I don’t do price per meter as there are to many variables, you should be able to earn minimum £80 per hour vaccing  gutters , always allow for the unexpected , if you think it will take 1 hour allow 1.5 hours , very occasionally I get caught out but generally it’s well priced work anyway so it doesn’t matter too much , the more experience you get doing it the easier pricing becomes 

I look at at the job work out the meterage think how long it will take and come up with a price , I don’t do price per meter as there are to many variables, you should be able to earn minimum £80 per hour vaccing  gutters , always allow for the unexpected , if you think it will take 1 hour allow 1.5 hours , very occasionally I get caught out but generally it’s well priced work anyway so it doesn’t matter too much , the more experience you get doing it the easier pricing becomes 
Wow ok. Thanks for the guide. Think I could definitely put my prices up a little then. 

You don’t clear gutters do you @Green Pro Clean Ltd ?

Yes we do mate but only when times allow. The rounds are built to 4 week months so gutters and connies get done when there is a few days left over at the end of the month. 
Oh ok, thought I saw a video about you saying you didn’t. Must of got confused with someone else or something.

Could be a idea for your next YouTube video maybe, reviewing your vac, giving a price guide & advice while using the vac or something, just a idea if you were thinking of some.

Oh ok, thought I saw a video about you saying you didn’t. Must of got confused with someone else or something.

Could be a idea for your next YouTube video maybe, reviewing your vac, giving a price guide & advice while using the vac or something, just a idea if you were thinking of some.
Oh deer... now you're going to start WWW5 (World War Windows 5) 

I DID do a vid saying we dont do add ons..... clarification we dont advertise..   existing customers only. 

As I said in the video if you have time for add ons week in week out then you dont have a full round. So only when time allows. 

Also since that video we became an employer as well as franchising the company which moves us away from finding enough work to keep me happy and into the realms of ensuring these lads have enough work to pay them and feed their families so under those circumstances all work gets considered. 

We do however ONLY do connies and gutters as add ons. Only things the vans are already fitted out for.

I can also be quoted as saying that vacs are a waste of time (THIS IS AN OPINION AND THEREFORE IM ENTITLED TO IT YOU OPINION MAY DIFFER AND THAT'S FINE. DONT TURN THIS INTO A WHOSE RIGHT AND WHOS WRONG ARGUMENT) 

We use  Pro Gutter tools and if it cant be done with that and any higher than typical house we don't  do it. 

Hope that clarifies my stance. ?

Oh deer... now you're going to start WWW5 (World War Windows 5) 

I DID do a vid saying we dont do add ons..... clarification we dont advertise..   existing customers only. 

As I said in the video if you have time for add ons week in week out then you dont have a full round. So only when time allows. 

Also since that video we became an employer as well as franchising the company which moves us away from finding enough work to keep me happy and into the realms of ensuring these lads have enough work to pay them and feed their families so under those circumstances all work gets considered. 

We do however ONLY do connies and gutters as add ons. Only things the vans are already fitted out for.

I can also be quoted as saying that vacs are a waste of time (THIS IS AN OPINION AND THEREFORE IM ENTITLED TO IT YOU OPINION MAY DIFFER AND THAT'S FINE. DONT TURN THIS INTO A WHOSE RIGHT AND WHOS WRONG ARGUMENT) 

We use  Pro Gutter tools and if it cant be done with that and any higher than typical house we don't  do it. 

Hope that clarifies my stance. ?
Haha? ok.

Yeh I remember now. 

£80 Per hour just vaccing Gutters [emoji50][emoji50][emoji50] no washing the pvc afterwards ???

How much do you expect if you used ladders and pro gutter tools ???

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back