Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Well that’s annoying

P4dstar

Premium Member
95f3957fed6a53561c70b748256230d3.jpg
a0c8e2a055de94644807e6e226f7d4c3.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Oops. Easily done and one of the reasons I fixed my reel into the van. Looks like your taps had its day as well. I’ve just swapped all my rectus and taps for slick connects and univalves. Was a bit dubious at first but they are great. No more bending over, drips, practise golf balls and hardly ever get snagged[emoji106]

Get a powered reel @P4dstar game changers you won't regret it.
I plan to next year. Nearly £500 was a little much for now. Just fitted the Proloc one, seems much better.

Oops. Easily done and one of the reasons I fixed my reel into the van. Looks like your taps had its day as well. I’ve just swapped all my rectus and taps for slick connects and univalves. Was a bit dubious at first but they are great. No more bending over, drips, practise golf balls and hardly ever get snagged
emoji106.png
I've lost the tap for it too ?‍♂️ Thankfully I got a new one. They don't last long being dragged around though even with the Protectabolz. Sad thing is I only use the tap when i'm moving around the building, I kink the hose when I need to shut off for a few seconds. Perhaps a Univalve would be a good investment. That one was fixed into the van, the pressure ended up down the one side. It would end up breaking on a section they don't sell spares for though!

I've lost the tap for it too ?‍♂️ Thankfully I got a new one. They don't last long being dragged around though even with the Protectabolz. Sad thing is I only use the tap when i'm moving around the building, I kink the hose when I need to shut off for a few seconds. Perhaps a Univalve would be a good investment. That one was fixed into the van, the pressure ended up down the one side. It would end up breaking on a section they don't sell spares for though!
If you like your taps then the aignep ones are great. Also lighter than them your using and most importantly the screws don’t come loose that hold the tap on. Had my last one on for a good year before swapping to a univalve. I found the push fit connections went on em first.

Question for you chaps. I've only every had one hose before and it came from Gardiner's. I don't recall it kinking all the time. The one that WCW have supplied with this hose was a nightmare yesterday. It was a right mess on the first job trying to get it in the back of the van. On the second job it kept kinking and i had to go back and sort it loads of times. Is this something that will work itself out with use or should I send the hose back?

0Ggwa5AsR6a+YWMH9BHlEw.jpg

R%UL1yapT36OFrH1v7S1NQ.jpg

One thing for certain, it won't sort itself out. As for sending it back, what grounds have you, its a plastic tube to supply water which it does. Is it colder down your way lately as in my experience it coils and kinks the colder it gets. This is what puts me off getting the smaller diameter pipe. Serves you right for being a cheapskate ?

It’s doing that because it’s twisted. The more flexible a hose is the more twisting it can take before kinking up like that. Your new hose maybe less flexible than your previous one hence it kinks more readily. A good quality hose will also resist kinking more than a poor quality one but they will all do it if allowed to become too twisted. Also at first a slightly twisted hose my lay flat and look ok until you double back on yourself at which point it will tie itself in knots.

I’d unravel it completely and lay it out flat. Then untwist it till it stops kinking up and lays as flat as possible then reel it back in. I only use a short length of PU hose with a trolley but I have to disconnect occasionally to take the twist out otherwise it becomes a trip hazard. It helps if you are running the so-called tubeless method as well you can easily disconnect at the base of the pole to do this. Takes seconds

One thing for certain, it won't sort itself out. As for sending it back, what grounds have you, its a plastic tube to supply water which it does. Is it colder down your way lately as in my experience it coils and kinks the colder it gets. This is what puts me off getting the smaller diameter pipe. Serves you right for being a cheapskate [emoji8]
On the grounds that it’s an anti kink hose that keeps kinking therefore it’s not fit for purpose. With regards to price it’s exactly the same price as the 8mm one on their website. I actually asked for 6mm specifically because I’ve read that the new hose reel only holds 85m of 8mm without making your own changes to the reel.

It’s doing that because it’s twisted. The more flexible a hose is the more twisting it can take before kinking up like that. Your new hose maybe less flexible than your previous one hence it kinks more readily. A good quality hose will also resist kinking more than a poor quality one but they will all do it if allowed to become too twisted. Also at first a slightly twisted hose my lay flat and look ok until you double back on yourself at which point it will tie itself in knots.

I’d unravel it completely and lay it out flat. Then untwist it till it stops kinking up and lays as flat as possible then reel it back in. I only use a short length of PU hose with a trolley but I have to disconnect occasionally to take the twist out otherwise it becomes a trip hazard. It helps if you are running the so-called tubeless method as well you can easily disconnect at the base of the pole to do this. Takes seconds
It’s been a little better today since I untwisted some of the kinks yesterday. Problem is I’ve only had need to get about 15-20m out today, those properties yesterday were massive so I had well over 50m out.

I’ll give it a go and see how I get one. I might just revert back to my Gardiner’s hose. I’m gonna get a new hose reel to add a 2 man option to my setup anyway, this can go on that as it won’t be used daily

It's twisted about 20 times, it would have to be exceptional quality not to kink. When you reel it in try and unravel it as you go, should ease the problem.
It's been much better the last couple of jobs. I can't recall my other hose ever kinking to be honest. I've mounted it on some wood which is glued to the floor of the van. I planned to do some work on the van this weekend anyway as that wood needs coating with Protectakote, it was all a bit of a rush yesterday. I'll try pulling it all out and untwisting it while i'm tinkering.

Never had reel hose kink before but the green pu hose does every now and then I’m tubeless so a quick disconnection then reel in sorts it’s self out in a couple of seconds. 

What do you mean tubeless Den?
Female JG fitting a couple of inches longer than the pole and a male JG fitting on approx 60ft pole hose that is permanently 

attached to my main reel hose, I hardly disconnect unless I’m changing pole  or the odd kink or twist of pu hose.

these fittings cost ? they don’t disconnect or hardly wear out last for ages as they are up the pole and don’t get dragged along the floor I copied @Dave B and @Marko067 has they both use them really pleased I followed suit as I just reel in and without disconnecting place pole in pole holder next job grab pole pull straight out really quick and simple. 

A1D8CD72-9A5E-4F6C-90FA-3443538714B6.jpeg

B6C27686-7CED-468B-B78A-F6F86162943E.jpeg

Female JG fitting a couple of inches longer than the pole and a male JG fitting on approx 60ft pole hose that is permanently 

attached to my main reel hose, I hardly disconnect unless I’m changing pole  or the odd kink or twist of pu hose.

these fittings cost ? they don’t disconnect or hardly wear out last for ages as they are up the pole and don’t get dragged along the floor I copied @Dave B and @Marko067 has they both use them really pleased I followed suit as I just reel in and without disconnecting place pole in pole holder next job grab pole pull straight out really quick and simple. 
So am I right in thinking you don't have any pole hose? Just the orange hose in the picture and then the green hose attached to your main reel goes up the hose as required? What sort of length do you need of the orange hose for that to work? Looks the same set up as me only the orange tube comes out the end of your pole where as mine connects at the top. Unless i'm missing something

Mine is the same as den

I use green pu hose all the way through the pole

Get 30m pole hose

Stick it up the pole like normal

Cut it an inch or 2 out of the pole like Den's pic

Rejoin with jg fitting

I leave my pole slightly extended so the fitting is not visible until I collapse it fully and disconnect the pole to store in my van

Starting from the bottom I have a JG female fitting on PU orange hose in the photo but my other 5 poles have gardiner green pu hose the reason for the pu hose is that I use univalves on all my poles and it’s perfect for them anyway whose goes almost to the top univalve is attached then another 10” pu length attached straight to the brush JG fitting so simple with hardly anything to go wrong. 

Latest Posts

Back