Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dodgy Connectors?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rickadoo

Hi All,

Just changed my connectors a month ago and already this is happening. (See image) What causes it? Can it be prevented? Can it be fixed or should I sling it and think of changing to a different kind of connector?

33ED1209-FDB9-49E0-9FEB-B798940B1006.jpeg

They are rubbish connectors I change mine every 8 weeks or so and I use tubeless so they arnt dragged along the ground but I like the size and weight of them , it’s a pity someone doesn’t make ones the same size but better quality 

Used rectus for years and although they are quite robust I got sick of em leaking and always popping off when being dragged on the floor so I changed to exceeds slick connects. Only been using em for a few weeks but I’ve found them to be alot better. They are too big to use in a tubeless set up but exceed also do their own tubeless kit and if it’s as good as the slick connects I’d highly recommend them.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Used rectus for years and although they are quite robust I got sick of em leaking and always popping off when being dragged on the floor so I changed to exceeds slick connects. Only been using em for a few weeks but I’ve found them to be alot better. They are too big to use in a tubeless set up but exceed also do their own tubeless kit and if it’s as good as the slick connects I’d highly recommend them.

Exceeds tubless system uses ezy snap this is the one in the picture above they don’t last long rictus 21 I believe it’s called ? I have them but they don’t last long they either won’t shut off or they jam shut and won’t go on the pole hose ????

I’ve got the rectus provided by gardiner really nice connection! You need to put ball on it to protect the connector from hitting the floor? Have you seen these?

I think that is what I have in the picture, isn’t it? I have a Protecta ball on my pole hose, but not on the reel hose( I think that would be a nightmare )

Exceeds tubless system uses ezy snap this is the one in the picture above they don’t last long rictus 21 I believe it’s called ? I have them but they don’t last long they either won’t shut off or they jam shut and won’t go on the pole hose ????
Yeah they don’t. Happens all the time. You’re trying hard to connect it and water is squirting in your face, but it just won’t click in. Sometimes I find if you turn the pump off then unplug the reel from the van, releasing the pressure, it’ll then click in no bother. But you can’t be doing that all the time. ?

I got sick to the teeth of this years ago and switched to JGs. No water-stop I know, but sometimes simple is better. It may not work for everybody but it does for me.

They are rubbish connectors I change mine every 8 weeks or so and I use tubeless so they arnt dragged along the ground but I like the size and weight of them , it’s a pity someone doesn’t make ones the same size but better quality 
Even with tubeless, do they not get dragged along the ground when you wind the hose back in?

My bro uses hoselock type connectors to connect his pole hose to his reel. They are massive tho, and wouldn’t work on a hoseless setup.

Do you have a large protection ball on the hose? @Rickadoo ? Not the small one on the pole hoses, but they do a bigger one. Since I put that on the hose reel hose, mine have definitely lasted longer. But still in time start to play up annoyingly 

Yes they do but the plastic sleeve is on the ground not the fitting , we normally walk back to the van with the fitting in our hand and then put it on the ground so it gets minimal dragging anyway 
OIC. I’m thinking of giving tubeless a go as im a bit fed up of the pole hose getting tangled and snagged everywhere. It always seems to get caught where the connector is. 

Do you have a large protection ball on the hose? @Rickadoo ? Not the small one on the pole hoses, but they do a bigger one. Since I put that on the hose reel hose, mine have definitely lasted longer. But still in time start to play up annoyingly 
No. I didn’t know you could get them for the reel hose. 

I've been using these since I started almost three years ago and I've replaced it once because I got a new reel.

They do get a squirt of PTFE lube every now and then, that's it.

I have tubeless and that does wear less on them.

Exceeds tubless system uses ezy snap this is the one in the picture above they don’t last long rictus 21 I believe it’s called ? I have them but they don’t last long they either won’t shut off or they jam shut and won’t go on the pole hose [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]
So they do. Only looked at a glance previously. Yes they are rectus 21. Been using them for the last 15 years or so now and they haven’t changed. They are deffo old news for me now that their are alternatives on the market specially designed for window cleaners.

They do need servicing once in a while, I found the best option is to use a small amount of copper grease inside of the female fitting I have to push it in with some copper wire so the grease gets too the 3 ball bearings inside the female fitting the connect and disconnect and a few times then they are as good as new.  

They do need servicing once in a while, I found the best option is to use a small amount of copper grease inside of the female fitting I have to push it in with some copper wire so the grease gets too the 3 ball bearings inside the female fitting the connect and disconnect and a few times then they are as good as new.  
Does the grease not work it’s way into the water? Good idea though.

Back