Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Download Our IOS and Android App! Read more... ×
Rickadoo

Dodgy Connectors?

Pjj
3 minutes ago, Rickadoo said:

Even with tubeless, do they not get dragged along the ground when you wind the hose back in?

Yes they do but the plastic sleeve is on the ground not the fitting , we normally walk back to the van with the fitting in our hand and then put it on the ground so it gets minimal dragging anyway 

RWCleaning

Do you have a large protection ball on the hose? @Rickadoo ? Not the small one on the pole hoses, but they do a bigger one. Since I put that on the hose reel hose, mine have definitely lasted longer. But still in time start to play up annoyingly 

Rickadoo
4 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Yes they do but the plastic sleeve is on the ground not the fitting , we normally walk back to the van with the fitting in our hand and then put it on the ground so it gets minimal dragging anyway 

OIC. I’m thinking of giving tubeless a go as im a bit fed up of the pole hose getting tangled and snagged everywhere. It always seems to get caught where the connector is. 

2 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

Do you have a large protection ball on the hose? @Rickadoo ? Not the small one on the pole hoses, but they do a bigger one. Since I put that on the hose reel hose, mine have definitely lasted longer. But still in time start to play up annoyingly 

No. I didn’t know you could get them for the reel hose. 

Den
20 minutes ago, Marko067 said:

I got sick to the teeth of this years ago and switched to JGs. No water-stop I know, but sometimes simple is better. It may not work for everybody but it does for me.

Totally agree 👍

Nudel

I've been using these since I started almost three years ago and I've replaced it once because I got a new reel.

They do get a squirt of PTFE lube every now and then, that's it.

I have tubeless and that does wear less on them.

Dave Shaw

Exceeds tubless system uses ezy snap this is the one in the picture above they don’t last long rictus 21 I believe it’s called ? I have them but they don’t last long they either won’t shut off or they jam shut and won’t go on the pole hose

So they do. Only looked at a glance previously. Yes they are rectus 21. Been using them for the last 15 years or so now and they haven’t changed. They are deffo old news for me now that their are alternatives on the market specially designed for window cleaners.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Iron Giant
15 hours ago, Pjj said:

They are rubbish connectors I change mine every 8 weeks or so and I use tubeless so they arnt dragged along the ground but I like the size and weight of them , it’s a pity someone doesn’t make ones the same size but better quality 

They do need servicing once in a while, I found the best option is to use a small amount of copper grease inside of the female fitting I have to push it in with some copper wire so the grease gets too the 3 ball bearings inside the female fitting the connect and disconnect and a few times then they are as good as new.  

Dave Shaw

They do need servicing once in a while, I found the best option is to use a small amount of copper grease inside of the female fitting I have to push it in with some copper wire so the grease gets too the 3 ball bearings inside the female fitting the connect and disconnect and a few times then they are as good as new.  

Does the grease not work it’s way into the water? Good idea though.

Iron Giant

Does the grease not work it’s way into the water? Good idea though.

It's a tiny amount against 100's of litres of water so now issues at the all.

County Durham Lad

Dave Shaw

Wish I’d have know that years ago. Could have saved ££s as we used to just bin em when they started to wear. Did think of lubricating them but always thought it would taint the water.